[SOLVED] Help with bios and red LEDs on mobo.

Bonstrigmo

Reputable
Mar 28, 2019
So I built my PC about 8 to 9 months ago I have a 9900k, EVGA z390 dark mobo, and an EVGA hybird 2080ti. When I built it I never updated the bios to the most recent version but everything runs fine and had no issues. Last night I turned off my PC and went to bed and this morning I turned it on and my monitor said no DisplayPort. So I tried different plugs on video card and power cycled the monitor and even factory reset monitor and nothing worked. So I looked closer at my mobo and noticed two red LEDs right beblow the postcode display and thought maybe I should hit the CMOS button on the back and now it works.

My questions are what are/were those two red LEDs and what did it mean and should I update my bios to most recent and that should solve issues in the future?

Solution
So I built my PC about 8 to 9 months ago I have a 9900k, EVGA z390 dark mobo, and an EVGA hybird 2080ti. When I built it I never updated the bios to the most recent version but everything runs fine and had no issues. Last night I turned off my PC and went to bed and this morning I turned it on and my monitor said no DisplayPort. So I tried different plugs on video card and power cycled the monitor and even factory reset monitor and nothing worked. So I looked closer at my mobo and noticed two red LEDs right beblow the postcode display and thought maybe I should hit the CMOS button on the back and now it works.

My questions are what are/were those two red LEDs and what did it mean and should I update my bios to most recent and...

My questions are what are/were those two red LEDs and what did it mean and should I update my bios to most recent and that should solve issues in the future?
If you look in the manual it should tell you what they represent.
Usually you have lights on the MB go on when something is wrong.
Many times there is a light for the memory, for the CPU, for the GPU.....etc.
I might replace the CMOS battery....but at 8-9 months....I wouldn't expect it to be weak yet.

Solution

Bonstrigmo

Reputable
Mar 28, 2019
If you look in the manual it should tell you what they represent.
Usually you have lights on the MB go on when something is wrong.
Many times there is a light for the memory, for the CPU, for the GPU.....etc.
I might replace the CMOS battery....but at 8-9 months....I wouldn't expect it to be weak yet.
I looked over the pdf manual and didn't find anything about the red LEDs and I didn't pay attention to see if there were any codes on the display.