Help with bios update on new build

Bob_37

Reputable
Dec 29, 2015
Hey guys so I just built a computer for my gfs little bro and when I went to turn it on everything started turning, CPU fan, GPU is lit up, and case fans.

When I plugged in the HDMI cord I got a "no signal" flashing on the screen. I tried different TVs and a VGA cord, unplugged the GPU, rearranged RAM cards, tried just one RAM, tried different CPU fans, changed out PSU and nothing. I'm so lost I've built computers before and thought this would be a fun experience for her little bro but it's just turned into a big frustration.

I built the computer using pcpartpicker and that site indicates no compatibility issues but my only guess is the bios on the mobo is out of date and doesn't support the CPU but idk how to update without atleast having a OS and functioning screen. Any help would be greatly appreciated the specs are below.

Specifications:
Mobo- Asrock H97 anniversary LGA1150
CPU- Intel G3470 @ 3.6 ghz
GPU- Asus GTX 750 ti
PSU- EVGA 430W

Solution
pull the mb to make sure nothing shorting it out. use one ram stick and onboard video see with one ram stick the mb posts. check under the cpu for bent pins.

Bob_37

Reputable
Dec 29, 2015

I've tested on a TV and monitor and with the monitor used both HDMI and VGA. I plugged into the GPU and directly into the MB with both.