Question Help with Bluescreen .dmp file ?

HarvestBirdy

Commendable
Sep 23, 2021
Hey all,
I started up my computer, it loaded to the desktop, and I left it sitting idle for around 15-20 minutes while I was trying to look up a separate issue with my computer on my phone when it suddenly restarted. I wasn't playing any games or running any programs, I just left it on the desktop.
After the restart, it loaded back to the desktop and I got a window pop up saying "Windows has recovered from an unexpected shutdown".
I know it says it is a hardware error that caused the bluescreen, but beyond that, I have no idea what any of the stuff means so I'm hoping someone will be kind enough to look at it for me, please.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Hope you all have a good day!

Link to .dmp file content HERE

Motherboard: Asus Rampage V Extreme
CPU: Core i7 5960X
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S with NF-A15 140mm Fan
PSU: Corsair CP-9020140-UK HX1200 1200 W 80+ Platinum Fully Modular Power Supply Unit
Capture Card: Avermedia HD Capture GC573 Live Gamer 4K
RAM: 16GB DDR4 RAM Corsair Dominators Platinum 3000 MHz (CMD16GX4M2B3000C15)
RAM Coolers: 2x Corsair Dominator Platinum Airflow Memory Fan

gardenman

Splendid

gardenman

Splendid
Hi, I ran the dump file through the debugger and got the following information: https://jsfiddle.net/q1eyp0fr/show This link is for anyone wanting to help. You do not have to view it. It is safe to "run the fiddle" as the page asks.

File information:040722-141414-01.dmp (Apr 7 2022 - 11:18:13)
Bugcheck:WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (124)
Probably caused by:GenuineIntel (Process running at time of crash: System)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 00 Min(s), and 22 Sec(s)

BIOS info was not included in the dump file. This can sometimes mean an outdated BIOS is being used.

Did you run the processor test that I linked to?

Is the computer dusty inside to where there is possible cooling issues?

This information can be used by others to help you. Someone else will post with more information. Please wait for additional answers. Good luck.

HarvestBirdy

Commendable
Sep 23, 2021
Hi!
I ran the test you linked and everything passed. The test results are HERE.
The computer's not dusty inside since I gave it a cleanout recently and my computer has plenty of ventilation so there shouldn't be any cooling issues.
I used monitoring software and it said the CPU was running at 39C when idling on the desktop so it's not overheating.

As for the BIOS info not showing and being outdated, I have not updated the motherboard BIOS since I got it since I have no clue how to and I'm worried if I tried I would brick it.

Last edited:

Colif

Win 11 Master

HarvestBirdy

Commendable
Sep 23, 2021
Hello!

I'm on BIOS version 4101. I believe that is the latest version available for Windows 7.

Thought I should mention though, that after resetting my BIOS and creating an XMP profile, everything seems to be working fine for the last four days. So, not sure if maybe the bluescreen might have been caused by an incorrect BIOS setting. Even played a few games for about an hour and everything was fine.

I do have Intel chipset and USB 3.0 drivers installed. The only one I don't have is the Intel Rapid Storage Technology driver software as that refuses to install.

Last edited: