Help With Breadboarding - System No Longer Turning On

Aug 4, 2018
My computer failed to start when I had it in the case, so I took it out and breadboarded it. I had motherboard, PSU, ram, CPU, and monitor all hooked up on a table, the motherboard resting on its packaging. I initially got the PSU and CPU fans running by shorting the motherboard, but my monitor displayed there was no input signal coming to it. I could not shut the fans off by shorting the system for a second time, so I had to turn off the PSU to get them to stop. I then tried two different cables to the monitor, using the same on/off methods as before, but the fans failed to turn on at all. Now I cannot turn any of the fans on by shorting the motherboard. Does this indicate my motherboard is now broken? Is it likely it was broken even before my tampering, or did my tampering kill it?

My motherboard is the Asrock ab350 pro4 am4.

Aug 4, 2018
I contacted Asrock's customer support and that's what they also recommended. Unfortunately, I have a Ryzen 3 2200g processor, and if I reset my motherboard's BIOS it will no longer be compatible with the processor no matter what I do. I have no convenient way for re-updating the BIOS afterward, for free, and my return period is running out, so I am simply going to return the motherboard as defective and hope I get the full refund.

No-no-no-no-no.

CMOS is NOT BIOS. BIOS=firmware, don't touch this. CMOS=configurations changes you have done to BIOS, reset this to factory, often times by removing a jumper for like a minute and re-plug.

Aug 4, 2018
So even if they updated the motherboard since its production, in order to make it Ryzen 2000 Ready, that wouldn't be erased by a reset of the CMOS?

Aug 4, 2018
Okay, I tried resetting CMOS and booting several times now, with different ram and monitors, and it still won't work. This is where I should return it as defective?