• Our team is working to address issues posting quotes or media to the forums. Please bear with us as we get this sorted out.

Question Help with buying Laptop for university

mkmaster

Honorable
Aug 19, 2014
I recently brought the ASUS 2020 M409 which turned out to be too loud and reached very high temperatures at idle (up to 82° within a hour of doing nothing) so will be returning it, I need a laptop for mostly university essays, windows, with good battery life and a lack of noise, my budget is around £500, I've found it difficult to find a good one from reviews so was wondering if someone could help,

jojesa

Illustrious
I recently brought the ASUS 2020 M409 which turned out to be too loud and reached very high temperatures at idle (up to 82° within a hour of doing nothing) so will be returning it, I need a laptop for mostly university essays, windows, with good battery life and a lack of noise, my budget is around £500, I've found it difficult to find a good one from reviews so was wondering if someone could help,
You could reduce performance on Windows Power options and it will run cooler.
Powerful laptop for the price.

Get a similar laptop with an Intel CPU, they run cooler, hence weaker on the graphics department...
ASUS VivoBook with Intel Core i7-8565U CPU
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07YN5NR63

Last edited:
Old MacBook ;)

ASK THE COMMUNITY