Question Help with buzzing noise and crashing on my PC.

Aug 31, 2020
Hello, So I have made my own PC in April and every time I Would try to launch mine craft or cod it would launch but seconds after the launching the game my pc makes a buzzing noise and it crashes and I have to hold the power button for 10 seconds to turn it off. It becomes completely unresponsive and no commands work like Ctrl + shift + ESC to open task manager. I've checked my temps and everything is normal. 33-36 Celsius CPU and 37-38 Celsius GPU. Theres not much dust and I've ran mdsched and everything is normal. My system specs are the following :

i5 - 9700k CPU
RTX 2060
650w Gold fully modular psu
1 tb nvme m.2 drive
16 gb ram
Windows 10

Im sure my cooling is sufficient enough and my PC rarely gets hot. I've checked reliability history and most of the crashes are related to the BSOD 124. I have my gpu and audio drivers up to date and everything works properly. I can play games like Rainbow six siege, fortnite, CSGO, valorant, roblox, among us, and many other steam games without crashes.

Sometimes it happens randomly when I am just browsing the web. I can play mine craft 1.8.9 for about 10-30 minutes before it crashes but whenever I try to run any other version it launches and just crashes immediately after. I have read many articles about BSOD 124 and how to fix it but it just says to update drivers, check temps, and run sfc / scannow. I have not ran sfc / scannow and idk if I should. If anyone had this same issue or knows how to solve it, please reply to this thread and let me fix this computer of mine.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Make and model of the PSU and it's age? Version of Windows 10 that you're on at the moment? Version of BIOS for your motherboard? Make and model of your motherboard? What is the make and model of your aftermarket cooler for that processor?

Aug 31, 2020
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Make and model of the PSU and it's age? Version of Windows 10 that you're on at the moment? Version of BIOS for your motherboard? Make and model of your motherboard? What is the make and model of your aftermarket cooler for that processor?
Corsair 650w fully modular psu - about 4-5 months of age.
Windows 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor - OS build 18363.1016
Bios version American megatrends inc. F11, 10/15/2019
Z390 AORUS PRO WIFI LGA1151
Cooler master hyper 212 RGB

TRENDING THREADS