[SOLVED] Help with choosing a keyboard.

Macgyver25

Honorable
Apr 8, 2015
I am looking to buy a optical keyboard to replace my current keyboard. I am looking into a Apex Pro OmniPoint Switch or the Razer Huntsman Elite Opto-Mechanical Switches . I am wondering what brand is the best and if optical is worth it.

Thanks guys!!

Solution
I am looking to buy a optical keyboard to replace my current keyboard. I am looking into a Apex Pro OmniPoint Switch or the Razer Huntsman Elite Opto-Mechanical Switches . I am wondering what brand is the best and if optical is worth it.

Thanks guys!!

A co-worker got a $220 or so optical switch keyboard, I did not like any more than some of the normal mechanical keyboards I tried. Did not use it much, but for almost 1/3rd the price my HyperX keyboard with Kailh Silver switches had about as good of a feel for me.

Thanks guys!!
I haven't come across where optical would be worth it, A Controller would always be better because you're talking about racing games, 3rd person action adventure games where optical would be on much use.

Brand wise I wouldn't buy anything from Razer due to the products they've released recently having issues with breaking quite a lot and just out of warranty. Honestly if you're after a mechanical keyboard and budget is no option I'd look at Ducky.

Thanks guys!!

A co-worker got a $220 or so optical switch keyboard, I did not like any more than some of the normal mechanical keyboards I tried. Did not use it much, but for almost 1/3rd the price my HyperX keyboard with Kailh Silver switches had about as good of a feel for me.

Solution