Question Help with choosing a New 27 FHD display

Mar 22, 2019
Hi, please, I'd like to ask for advice because I'm going to buy a new monitor.

I own the LG 24MP77 (IPS) for a long time, and I have nothing to reproach for the monitor, it's perfect for me, except for my occasional WOT play and its size. (could be slightly larger (25-26 would be ideal, but nobody makes them).

An hour or two a day I am horribly angry that with faster movements peripheral war machines are blurred (im not able to read names of co-players), and it's not due to fallen FPS, I have 60FPS lock on vsync and would normally give me a machine between 70-80FPS steadily but without vsync it floats even more , so I only think that LG is not catching up with the response.
LG vendor says it have 5ms GtG, but can be also marketing bull**it, as one insider tells me that it should be even 15ms in real life. I don't have a machine that would be suitable for 4k, so I only target FHD.

And now finally questions:
  1. I don't want TN (lots of years of crying on bad picture), so what's better for games, VA or newer IPS than my LG? Something other but not TN?
  2. I like how AOC C27G1 looks, but i was not tested it, is it a better choice than LG what I own?
Do you think that I will know the difference when i will buy this AOC. Is that AOC so much better in reality in compare of older IPS? Will I not get annoyed by the image compared to IPS?
3) Do you recommend some other suitable 27 monitor, some better choice, or i should remain with LG, because i will not have better situation after buying a new model?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Mar 22, 2019
If you really want only 1080p 27", How about, ASUS VG279Q?
https://www.displayninja.com/asus-vg279q-review/
Thanx a lot, looks amazing, also that review, and is IPS so my favourite type of panel.
I was not looking at IPS before because everybody says that better than 5ms is myth,
but VA have potential on bright scenes.
Is that 3ms on IPS type of panel really doable not only "marketing thing"?
Sadly i not found it on displa*lag.com, is too new probably.

berkologie

Reputable
Mar 26, 2019
I own below monitor and I confidently say that it is the best among the other 27" FHD monitors. You can easily compare with your other favorites on that website.

https://www.displayspecifications.com/en/model/77acce7

• Higher PPI/PPCM ratio than the other 27" FHD equivalents
  • 1 ms MPRT, not GTG
  • 125% sRGB support, that is, Samsung's Quantum Dot technology
  • 350 cd/m² brightness
  • 144 Hz
  • Curved
  • AMD Freesync
  • SVA panel
EDIT: Forgot to mention; the text quality is under average on this monitor unlike the visual quality.

Last edited: