[SOLVED] Help with choosing an office PC gpu?

aarono123

Commendable
Jul 14, 2019
I built my girlfriend's dad an Office PC and it has good specs. A B450 Motherboard ATX, 16gb of RAM, 3TB Storage (1TB SSD, 2TB HDD), and AMD stock fan with Ryzen 5 2600 I believe, with Radeon Vega 11 integrated graphics, which is what he's using. The graphics aren't too great, though it's an office PC, stuff for YouTube etc. he is not a gamer whatsoever so I don't want to spend the extra extra extra money on a high-end GPU. I was thinking the radeon 5450 vision Tek gpu. If not what are some low end GPUs that can give 1080p quality? Thank you!!!

Solution
If you have a different monitor to try, go ahead.
But, I doubt that would change anything.

Choppiness is more likely a cpu/app/hdd issue.
Possibly you have acquired some malware that is stealing resources.
Run malwarebytes free edition .

Another thing to do is to eliminate as much of the windows 10 instrumentation and reporting that you can.
Unless you turned the setting off, windows by default can use the pc to distribute updates to others.
What connection does the monitor take?
If you are using an analog connection(9 pin), the graphics will not be as good as with a digital connection(hdmi, DP, dvi)

If you are inclined to put in a discrete graphics card, buy a modern card like a GT710.
In the past, I experimented with a additional cheap 5450 card to offload some work from my gaming card.
The experiment was a failure since I noticed no difference in performance.
More germane to your solution, the image quality was very bad.

aarono123

Commendable
Jul 14, 2019
What connection does the monitor take?
If you are using an analog connection(9 pin), the graphics will not be as good as with a digital connection(hdmi, DP, dvi)

If you are inclined to put in a discrete graphics card, buy a modern card like a GT710.
In the past, I experimented with a additional cheap 5450 card to offload some work from my gaming card.
The experiment was a failure since I noticed no difference in performance.
More germane to your solution, the image quality was very bad.
Yeah, we use an HDMI cause it's a B450 board so it came with HDMI ports and the monitor outputs 1920 x 1080p, but some images and YouTube videos come out a bit choppy. I'll check out the GT710,thank you!

2400G is a quite good graphics adapter for fast action gaming.
I do not know about image quality.
I might look to motherboard bios updates or graphics driver updates.
I would not like to suggest a much lower performing GT710 as a replacement.
In the nvidia line, something like a $150 GTX1650 would be of similar performance.

Reactions: aarono123

aarono123

Commendable
Jul 14, 2019
2400G is a quite good graphics adapter for fast action gaming.
I do not know about image quality.
I might look to motherboard bios updates or graphics driver updates.
I would not like to suggest a much lower performing GT710 as a replacement.
In the nvidia line, something like a $150 GTX1650 would be of similar performance.
Yeah, I played any video on YouTube and they all came out a bit choppy. The resolution was good, 1080 but there would be minor cuts in transitions between frames

If you have a different monitor to try, go ahead.
But, I doubt that would change anything.

Choppiness is more likely a cpu/app/hdd issue.
Possibly you have acquired some malware that is stealing resources.
Run malwarebytes free edition .

Another thing to do is to eliminate as much of the windows 10 instrumentation and reporting that you can.
Unless you turned the setting off, windows by default can use the pc to distribute updates to others.

Solution