Help with choosing monitor

Nino_2

Prominent
May 16, 2017
I've been reading reviews for a month now and still i dont know which monitor to choose.
There are the same "bad" reviews for every single monitor on Amazon in comment section.
Most of those are dead pixels, light bleed, ghosting....
Haven't find a single monitor without similar reviews.

What am i looking for?
I want at least 144Hz monitor. I need it for gaming (highly competitive CS GO).
Still not sure if 240Hz will change things if you compare it to 144 or 165...

I play some other games as well and i found out experimenting with my current monitor that playing with 2k resolution on a 1080p 24inch monitor makes a big difference in image quality.
So i would like to go with 24 inch 2k resolution.

It seems like TN 1ms response rate is the only "right" way to go, but i also read some things about IPS 4ms being the same (ACER XB271HUT).

I have Nvidia Graphic cards and G-Sync is a must.

Since it's hard to find 2k 24inch display i am thinking about 27inch as well, or maybe something between. Don't really need a big monitor since i am gonna use dual monitor setup anyway but it looks like there is more options if i go with that.

These are few monitors i am currently thinking about:

Dell S2417DG,
Acer XB271HU,
Asus PG278QR,
Asus PG258Q

I would like to get some feedback on those and maybe, if someone had good experience with some other, get a suggestion for those...

Thanks in advance

Solution
Okay, the same negative reviews are not really where you should be looking at. Where I look, the reviews on each of those monitors are all positive. Dead pixels etc. are just bad luck in most cases.

First of, the Asus PG258Q is a full HD monitor and the other 3 are quad HD monitors, however, it has a better refresh rate. Altho getting a 240Hz looks cool, you also would need 240 fps at all times to maintain it.

The Acer XB271HUm is an IPS monitor for better colors and viewing angles. It does have 4ms response time, which can lead to more obvious ghosting. All other monitors have 1ms which is good.

So I would suggest a monitor with at least 1ms response time and 144Hz on a 1440p monitor. So no Acer Predator XB271HU.
The Asus ROG Swift...

theRTT

Honorable
Jul 25, 2016
Okay, the same negative reviews are not really where you should be looking at. Where I look, the reviews on each of those monitors are all positive. Dead pixels etc. are just bad luck in most cases.

First of, the Asus PG258Q is a full HD monitor and the other 3 are quad HD monitors, however, it has a better refresh rate. Altho getting a 240Hz looks cool, you also would need 240 fps at all times to maintain it.

The Acer XB271HUm is an IPS monitor for better colors and viewing angles. It does have 4ms response time, which can lead to more obvious ghosting. All other monitors have 1ms which is good.

So I would suggest a monitor with at least 1ms response time and 144Hz on a 1440p monitor. So no Acer Predator XB271HU.
The Asus ROG Swift PG258Q is only 1080p, which isn't bad at all, but with a 1080ti you can handle 1440p with better graphics. So I would also skip that one.

Now you have to choose between the Dell S2417DG and the Asus PG278QR. Now it comes down to what you like: a bigger screen or a slightly smaller screen. Dell: 23,8 (slightly sharper display, but smaller) or the Asus, which has a bigger screen. Both of them are really good and have the same specs, so go with the screen size you want.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS