[SOLVED] Help with choosing new case

caaront

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2009
Are there any medium towers that can hold ATX mobo, large PSU, large GPU, HDDs, SSDs, optical drives, AIO CPU cooler, with great cooling?

I still love my old Cooler Master HAF 932 full tower I have been using since 2009, except for one messed up USB outlet on the front panel.

But being full sized it has enough room for everything I want.

I thought about trying a mid tower but every video review I have seen has required compromises, no optical drives, removal of HD cases and using only SSDs, having to buy a smaller PSU, etc, and with everything being tighter it is hotter in some medium cases, etc...

If there is a medium case that would allow me to use everything I have in my HAF 932 I might snap it up.

I do wonder though if a newer tower might have different cables, for instance maybe omitting the 1394 cable for firewire etc...

The HAF 932 is an awesome case, I love it's tough looks and durability.

I have looked at many cases but find that many have been out for 4 years or more so wonder if they would be different as far as cables and plugs etc compared to my case.

Thank you.

Solution
Are there any medium towers that can hold ATX mobo, large PSU, large GPU, HDDs, SSDs, optical drives, AIO CPU cooler, with great cooling?

I still love my old Cooler Master HAF 932 full tower I have been using since 2009, except for one messed up USB outlet on the front panel.

I thought about trying a mid tower but every video review I have seen has required compromises, no optical drives, removal of HD cases and using only SSDs, having to buy a smaller PSU, etc, and with everything being tighter it is hotter in some medium cases, etc...

If there is a medium case that would allow me to use everything I have in my HAF 932 I might snap it up.

I do wonder though if a...

I do wonder though if a newer tower might have different cables, for instance maybe omitting the 1394 cable for firewire etc...

The HAF 932 is an awesome case, I love it's tough looks and durability.

I have looked at many cases but find that many have been out for 4 years or more so wonder if they would be different as far as cables and plugs etc compared to my case.

Thank you.
You might have a look at the Phanteks Enthoo Pro-M. It appears to suit most of your features, sans firewire, and is very high quality. It will need two 140mm fans added to the front unless you mount an AIO there. It normally costs about $100 USD so watch out for anyone trying to sell it for a lot more. Worth a look.
https://www.amazon.com/Phanteks-Tempered-Glass-Black-PH-ES515PTG_BK/dp/B01LRVHH6K

Reactions: caaront
Solution
Hi
I have 2 of these.
https://www.newegg.com/black-thermaltake-suppressor-atx-mid-tower/p/N82E16811133336

I have my H110i with Noctua 140mm IPPC's mounted at top as exhaust and a 120m front bottom intake , 140mm front top intake, 140mm bottom intake and 140mm rear exhaust
My r5 3600x runs idle @26-31c depending on the ambient room temp.
The Noctua's running 1600 rpm on thr cooler.

On this case I can do a push / pull on the radiator up top with my old h100iv2 and still clear the ram locks. ( CLOSE BUT CLEARS )
My 1070 ti runs on ultra setting on heavenbench @64c with fans @ 65 - 75%.

Also the blue fan pictured Doesn't come with the case and the front is a door that opens to reveal the optical drives.
The door and the mobo back side cover has sound proofing.

Hope the extra info helps.

Last edited: