May 21, 2018
Added Specs
MSI GS65 Stealth Thin
i7 8750H
GTX 1070 MQ
32GB
1TB 970 Evo Plus
1TB 860 Evo SATA

After performing a clean Win10 install, going through all the driver and wanted program downloads/installs, I'm receiving way too many errors in the Event Viewer under Administrative Events

DistributedCom - Event ID: 10016
Kernel-Event Tracing - Event ID: 2
Kernel Processor Power - Event ID: 37
Kernel-Power - Event ID: 41 (Critical)
EventLog - Event ID: 6008 (unexpected shutdown)
Kernal-Boot - Event ID: 29
Netwtw06 - Event ID: 6105
PerfProc - Event ID: 2002
Kerlel PnP - Event ID: 225 (varying reasons)
AppModel Runtime - Event ID: 69
etc... etc...

I'm uncertain of what to do from here. I still have the old drive with everything on it, so I could just put that back in. I did also create an MSI burn recovery USB which I could also run. But both defeat the purpose of the clean install. Any advice? I feel there are too many warnings and errors, especially critical errors, occurring to troubleshoot one by one. The worst being unexpected shutdowns and firmware restricting the processor.

I guess what I'm thinking to do is run the MSI burn recovery on the new drive and then run a Windows 'Fresh Start' reinstall.

Many BS event viewer errors can be generated when trying to get a large batch of WIndows updates, etc...;.it might even refer to some of the restarts as 'unsolicited shutdowns'....

If not getting blue screens and freezes/unexplained restarts, I'd not even be looking into Event Viewer. (it's certainly the first place a scammer will send you as there are always errors in there!)

lilith002

Prominent
May 21, 2018
Many BS event viewer errors can be generated when trying to get a large batch of WIndows updates, etc...;.it might even refer to some of the restarts as 'unsolicited shutdowns'....

If not getting blue screens and freezes/unexplained restarts, I'd not even be looking into Event Viewer. (it's certainly the first place a scammer will send you as there are always errors in there!)

True, there will always be errors here and there, no system is perfect, but the unexpected shutdown occurred well after all Windows Updates were installed (I was away from the laptop and didn't see it happen though). And the firmware restriction of processor power happens even having the laptop set to High Performance and Turbo in Dragon Center. I have read the restriction is normal when using Comfort or Eco Mode, however.

I've noted that the improper shutdown error occurs when I shutdown and restart the laptop using the shutdown option in Windows. If there's an improper shutdown every time, that is potentially an issue.

Last edited:
The shutdown error can occur when you use fast startup, as the MB may interpret the lack of writing to the hard drive during shutdown as an error. The next time you shut down, hold the shift button down when you click shutdown, which will suspend fast start-up for a single shutdown. Reboot and check for shutdown errors. Fast star-up is also suspended with a restart.