[SOLVED] Help with cleaning waterblocks

Countgreen

Honorable
Jun 24, 2017
Its been about a year since I did a custom loop on my PC and I think the blocks need to be cleaned. (I have flushed the system 3 times) I was wondering the best way to do this without disassembling the blocks. I've read that white vinegar is good but may dry out the o-ring (and other rubber in the block). I've also heard that diluted lime juice works as well. My CPU block and GPU block are both copper with Plexi. The fluid I've used is EK's cryo-fluid. Are there any products made for this? Any other home solutions that are safe and effective? If I have too I will disassemble the blocks. Thanks in advance!

Solution
I wouldn't just fill and let sit...if you are going to do that, might as well disassemble everything and clean.

When I flush a loop, I use a submersible pond pump in a bucket and use it to pump through my loop.

Mine looks like this....

https://www.amazon.com/Homasy-Subme...d=1&keywords=pond+pump&qid=1588732520&sr=8-47

I just pull my loop out components all the way out, hook back up to tubing and then pump vinegar or soap mixture through it for several hours and then flush everything with water before re-assembling the loop.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
There is a flush kit available. It's a 2 part flush and takes a day or so. Serious stuff, comes with gloves and goggles. Warnings about children and pets. But should do the job without block disassembly.

https://www.performance-pcs.com/wat...s/mayhems-blitz-pro-cleaning-system-mbk1.html

I agree with using Mayhems Blitz as it is going to be the most widely supported method of cleansing without loop disassembly.

Otherwise, you can go the cheaper route and use distilled water and white vinegar (30%-50% vinegar) and run it for several hours or a day. Drain, repeat or run a flush of distilled water, drain. Do not run anything above 50% vinegar and if you decide to run 50/50, you might wish to drain and flush multiple times rather than one continuous process.

Countgreen

Honorable
Jun 24, 2017
I agree with using Mayhems Blitz as it is going to be the most widely supported method of cleansing without loop disassembly.

Otherwise, you can go the cheaper route and use distilled water and white vinegar (30%-50% vinegar) and run it for several hours or a day. Drain, repeat or run a flush of distilled water, drain. Do not run anything above 50% vinegar and if you decide to run 50/50, you might wish to drain and flush multiple times rather than one continuous process.
My plan was to take the blocks out and fill them with 50/50 and leave them to sit overnight but should I do it through the loop to clean the rads as well?

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
I wouldn't just fill and let sit...if you are going to do that, might as well disassemble everything and clean.

When I flush a loop, I use a submersible pond pump in a bucket and use it to pump through my loop.

Mine looks like this....

https://www.amazon.com/Homasy-Subme...d=1&keywords=pond+pump&qid=1588732520&sr=8-47

I just pull my loop out components all the way out, hook back up to tubing and then pump vinegar or soap mixture through it for several hours and then flush everything with water before re-assembling the loop.

Solution

Countgreen

Honorable
Jun 24, 2017

Mine looks like this....

So I'm going to do the 50/50 and run it through my loop overnight. Thanks for all the help.