[SOLVED] Help with components upgrade

Dec 11, 2019
Hi everyone and happy holidays

Soon I would buy new components and I want to be sure that everything is
OK and also I have some questions.

First, I already have a RX 580 and a seasonic PSU (750 watts Focus plus 80 GOLD Modular) and I want to build a new pc around these components.

The components that I have in mind to buy are:

CPU= Ryzen 5 2600
Motherboard= ASRock B450M-HDV R4.0 (I'm willing to buy a better motherboard if necesary)
RAM= any 8gb RAM with 3000mhz

At the moment I just want to run relatively new games like bf5 at 50-60 fps.

So my questions are:

1. Is the motherboard good enough for the cpu/gpu?
  2. My actual PSU is compatible with the motherboard?
  3. I still have a WD HDD and at the moment I can't afford a SSD, anyway, is the Hard drive compatible with the motherboard?
  4. What characteristics should I look for a new Computer case?

Thanks a lot!

Solution
  1. It's good enough. There are other concerns to resolve before spending more on a different motherboard.
  2. There's no issue with the power supply. It's fully compatible with your new components.
  3. As long as the hard drive is a SATA drive (version is irrelevant), it's compatible with your new motherboard.
  4. The only thing I would check for is front USB3 and space for at least two 120mm fans. That is the bare minimum for a case.

8GB of RAM is the bare minimum for a new system. Given the Ryzen processor, I'd be looking for at least 16GB of DDR4-3200 RAM. Work this into your budget.

-Wolf sends

Wolfshadw

Titan
  1. It's good enough. There are other concerns to resolve before spending more on a different motherboard.
  2. There's no issue with the power supply. It's fully compatible with your new components.
  3. As long as the hard drive is a SATA drive (version is irrelevant), it's compatible with your new motherboard.
  4. The only thing I would check for is front USB3 and space for at least two 120mm fans. That is the bare minimum for a case.

8GB of RAM is the bare minimum for a new system. Given the Ryzen processor, I'd be looking for at least 16GB of DDR4-3200 RAM. Work this into your budget.

-Wolf sends

Reactions: JojoStar
Solution
Dec 11, 2019

-Wolf sends

Thanks a lot !

Dec 26, 2019

First, I already have a RX 580 and a seasonic PSU (750 watts Focus plus 80 GOLD Modular) and I want to build a new pc around these components.

CPU= Ryzen 5 2600
Motherboard= ASRock B450M-HDV R4.0 (I'm willing to buy a better motherboard if necesary)

So my questions are:

3. I still have a WD HDD and at the moment I can't afford a SSD, anyway, is the Hard drive compatible with the motherboard?
Thanks a lot

CPU= Ryzen 5 2600

So my questions are:

Thanks a lot!
  1. Yes, of course
  2. Yes it is
  3. Yes, every new motherboars does have SATA 3
  4. I prefer something with ODD drivebay and have two USB 3.0 or higher with 2 slots in front panel. And make sure the form factor from your motherboard is compatible with the computer case