HELP WITH COMPUTER BUILD

iil4

Honorable
Aug 13, 2012
Hello, I am currently trying to build a pc mainly for surfing the web and checking emails. The only game i will play will be minecraft and i already have the his radeon 4850 graphics card. I want to use the AMD Athlon II X4 631 Quad-Core cpu and a motherboard that supports this graphics card. I need help choosing the best motherboard in my price range and along with the other components like psu, hard drives, etc.
MY BUDGET IS 250 DOLLARS. I ALREADY HAVE A NICE DISPLAY
I NEED HELP ASAP THANKS!

Solution
I honestly have no idea and cant find a benchmark. I do know minecraft is CPU bound and your likely better off getting an Intel CPU if its just this that you play or if you want AMD get a Phenom II on an AM3+ motherboard its alot stronger than a crippled llano (that athlon).

iil4

Honorable
Aug 13, 2012

wr6133

Feb 10, 2012
amd.png

Thats $340 and doesnt include windows

I suppose if you got a PSU that will blow up a month later, used a cardboard box as the case you may get nearer $250

*EDIT* seriously though it dont really get cheaper than the above unless you buy bad parts. You could maybe shave $20 getting a smaller HDD and if you have a friend with a desktop borrow their DVD drive to install your stuff rather than buy a DVD drive

wr6133

Feb 10, 2012
I honestly have no idea and cant find a benchmark. I do know minecraft is CPU bound and your likely better off getting an Intel CPU if its just this that you play or if you want AMD get a Phenom II on an AM3+ motherboard its alot stronger than a crippled llano (that athlon).

Solution