Question Help with configuring a dual band router, with my main router, (im using the dual band router to control two access points)

Jun 11, 2022
Hi! im hoping someone might be able to help me out, i seem to be struggling a bit getting my dual band router setup.

Im trying to configure my new router to control two access points (Its a luxul 3150), the thing that i seem to be confused about is what should the IP address of my second router be? If the IP address of my main router is 192.168.0.*** what should the IP address be of my second router: i think that this is whats causing the new network to get no internet because i believe i might have set the IP address wrong, should it be in a different subnet or should it be in the same subnet? When i disconnect the access points and try to connect to the new network, it tries to connect to it but its unsuccessful and it gives me a 169 ip address with no router IP.

Thank You!

Jun 11, 2022
Hello everyone, im a pretty tech savvy person and im stumped and im not sure whats going on, but im having issues setting up my dual band router with two access points, the router is a Luxul XWR-3150 with two XAP-1510s, im wanting to use this router is my main network and not use the AT&T one (but im aware that you cannot just replace the router itself) im hoping someone might be able to send me a message or comment on here what i would need to do to get the router setup without having any conflicts with my main router (even though we wouldn't be using the ssid from that one) For security reasons im not going to post my full IP address but for the main router the ip is 192.168.1.*** so what would the IP address of my second router need to be? i thought it was easier but apparently not, i know that the subnet needs to be different but what would it need to be in order for it to work properly? Also to note, i have a switch that connects to the Luxul router, as well as an ethernet cable going from the ethernet port on the luxul to the ethernet port on the AT&T router.

Thanks and im hoping someone might be able to help!

TRENDING THREADS