Help with connecting Deepcool CF120 RGB Fans

MountainDrew329

Honorable
May 28, 2013
I'm trying to connect my Deepcool CF 120 RGB Fans to my Asus Tuf B360M Plus motherboard. The fans have two cables preattached: a 4-pin cable that the manual shows going into the 4-pin cpufan header, and a 3 pin connector. The fans also came with an extender for the 3 pin connector, and a converter that takes the 3 pin connector and turns it into a female 3 pin connection in the layout of a 4 pin connector (GND, __, D, 5V+).

My question is, how do I connect these fans to get both power (PWM if possible) and RGB as well. I am not even sure which cable is which! Thank you!

My motherboard has one 4-pin cpu_fan header and two 4-pin cha_fan headers.

Solution
CF 120 are Addressable RGB and require a 5V 3-Pin connector. You're right you can't connect it to your motherboard, but you can get a controller hub that connects to all the fans and control it that way. Just put the controller in an easy to reach spot, but it will be a pain to have to go inside your case to change the lighting.
Nov 16, 2018
CF 120 are Addressable RGB and require a 5V 3-Pin connector. You're right you can't connect it to your motherboard, but you can get a controller hub that connects to all the fans and control it that way. Just put the controller in an easy to reach spot, but it will be a pain to have to go inside your case to change the lighting.

Solution