[SOLVED] Help with connection of a front panel audio

Apr 21, 2020
Hi there,

I need a little help on how to connect the audio front panel to the motherboard, please see the images below, I added some numbers on the first image, in order to be more clear, so thanks in advance for any suggestion.

01.jpg

02.jpg

Solution
the front panel of what case?
It's a generic older case, that's why I didn't mention anything about it, but I don't think it makes any difference what case it is, since the connectors can be clearly seen on the image in the first post.

Anyway, I managed to sort it out, so here's how I did it, in case someone else needs it as well:

MIC IN 1 -> MIC2
EAR L 1 -> Line out_L
EAR R 1 -> Line out_R
GND 1 -> AGND

I also enabled AC97 in BIOS, as well as installed Realtek Audio Driver and enabled AC97 Front Panel under Connector Settings in the Realtek HD Audio Manager, and now everything's working just fine.
Apr 21, 2020
the front panel of what case?
It's a generic older case, that's why I didn't mention anything about it, but I don't think it makes any difference what case it is, since the connectors can be clearly seen on the image in the first post.

Anyway, I managed to sort it out, so here's how I did it, in case someone else needs it as well:

MIC IN 1 -> MIC2
EAR L 1 -> Line out_L
EAR R 1 -> Line out_R
GND 1 -> AGND

I also enabled AC97 in BIOS, as well as installed Realtek Audio Driver and enabled AC97 Front Panel under Connector Settings in the Realtek HD Audio Manager, and now everything's working just fine.

Solution