Help with correct windows

adam77

Reputable
Mar 21, 2015
laptop is HP mini 210 1000
Intel atom N450 @ 1.66Ghz 1.67Ghz
Ram 1Gb

It has sticker "Windows 7 starter" well and i have installed now windows 7 home premium on it now, but it lags, youtube lags, most of things lags. Maybe xp would better? Or maybe anyone has any other solution? I need this laptop for M office things, youtube, maybe movie , or some old game like Hero might and magic 3 for example. Any advice guys?

caqde

Distinguished
Well what you could do if get a 2 or 4GB memory stick for it and upgrade your memory. The lag you are experiencing is likely you running out of memory 1GB is nothing today for anything. Doing a quick google search upgrading the memroy on the mini 210 is possible and not to difficult thankfully.

adam77

Reputable
Mar 21, 2015
Mhm just wathced video how to do it , seems easy. What kind of ram do i need? And how much of ram does this laptop support max? will 2gb be enough? And i have about 64-90% cpu usage while using google chrome. is it worth upgrading ram to 2gb? I found that max supported 2Gb and its ddr2 and 667mhz, can i use other mhz , or just this one? Becouse price depends on that