Question Help with CPU performance on BIOS different profiles

Aug 21, 2019
Hello,

Can someone please help me to figure out something about BIOS and my system performance? I have AMD TR 1950X on ASUS Prime X399-a and this is a new system.

I realised ASUS provides something called EZ Tuning. It has two profiles to tune system with: "Everyday work" or "Gaming". When I tune system using "Gaming", the performance is much higher, games have higher FPSes, CPU temperature gets up to 78 °C, cooler's fan works much faster, etc. When I tune system using "Everyday work", the performance is much lower. I can see games' FPS is reduced by ~10-15%, CPU temperatures barely exceed 60 °C during torture test, and I can barely hear cooler's fan.

I cannot figure out what settings control such two different performances. I checked things like CPU, memory, and Bus Clock, they were both the same, such as 3.6GHz, 2666MGz, and 100MHz respectively.

Could someone help to identify what manual settings cause such different performances. I would like to choose anything between these two.

Thanks

Aug 21, 2019
I checked Bus Clock, CPU load, CPU Speed, and memory clock. Bus Clock is on its constant 100 MHz, regardless of CPU load, CPU speed varies between 1.9 GHz on idle and max 3.6 GHz on load. What I am surprised with is memory clock. In BIOS it is set on 2666 MHz it is how BIOS reports after POST, while both CPU-Z and HWinfo report 1333 MHz. At the moment I am running a computer on every day aka eco profile.

I checked Bus Clock, CPU load, CPU Speed, and memory clock. Bus Clock is on its constant 100 MHz, regardless of CPU load, CPU speed varies between 1.9 GHz on idle and max 3.6 GHz on load. What I am surprised with is memory clock. In BIOS it is set on 2666 MHz it is how BIOS reports after POST, while both CPU-Z and HWinfo report 1333 MHz. At the moment I am running a computer on every day aka eco profile.
It's DDR (Double Data Rate) so you have to multiply base number(1333) by two. All together it's doing just as it should.

Reactions: franekw