Question Help with crash: Kernel ID 41

Nov 28, 2020
I need help with this and i checked other posts on the forum, its driving me banana's and while granted, its an old PC, it has not done this before and recently it has for the last 3-4 months, i fear its the newer versions of W10 that does this. But i have done almost every CMD command i could, did a clean install of windows, ive run some PSU stress tester called ootc or something, came back fine. I could be playing or browsing the web or at rare occasion even when just started up the pc and got to desktop, bam frozen n i then check the event viewer and get said Kernel crash, i checked to see if it created a minidump but nada... Ive reseated my Ram and graphics card, i have updated all drivers manually or with using snappy drivers assistance, the only thing i haven't done is updated BIOS but ill soon enough attempt but i am hoping someone has a legit fix or if its just the PC dying. I can go a few hours without issues or just 10 min between reboots, maybe a whole day but its extremely finicky.

I am willing to try or retry anything, sorry i dont have any information available as is, let me know what to post or do cause this error is just stressing me beyond anything ive ever struggled with.

Colif

Win 10 Master
event 41 is the result of a report run every startup. if its found the previous shutdown was unexpected, it creates the event. Its a reaction, not a cause.

what are specs of the pc?
if it survived a clean install its not windows.

Reactions: HuntersMoon91
Nov 28, 2020
event 41 is the result of a report run every startup. if its found the previous shutdown was unexpected, it creates the event. Its a reaction, not a cause.

what are specs of the pc?
if it survived a clean install its not windows.
Sorry for late response
Its an old PC but it has survived thus far... ive only installed a game, vlc, browser, anti virus and 2 more things and nothing mayor or huge to stress the PC.

CPU: AMD FX(tm)-8100 Eight-core Processor
GPU Nvidia gtx 760
Motherboard: BIOSTAR Group TA990FXE ( no version )
8 gb of RAM (tho only 3.9 in use?)
BIOS American Megathread inc 4.6.4 8/7/2014 (2.7 SMBIOS Version)
Windows 10 Home Version 20H2 OS Build 19042.630
System type: 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
500 GB HD

Unsure what else i can get for you, Im gonna blabber on this but its real finicky when i could leave the pc idle after finishing a 3 hour gaming session and then it crashes, sometimes it will crash while playing but after that and i rejoin game it runs okay, i could be again browsing the web and crash, i fresh boot up pc and get into desktop and crash, its super weird that i can play for so many hours but it will crash with Kernel ID41 in the event viewer randomely. As far as i know ive done almost all the cmd commands and turning off fast start ups and disabling sleep mode on HD and such, i can't really afford to buy new parts or even a new pc, so im trying to make it last as long as possible. Willing to try anything ><

Nov 17, 2020
I will tell you an incident that happened to me. The computer restarts approximately once every 20 minutes. In fact, it turned out that it simply turns off from a lack of power. The socket looked like it was working, but when I took it apart, I found that one of the wires was broken.

Colif

Win 10 Master
8 gb of RAM (tho only 3.9 in use?)
do you mean it only sees 4gb or you only using 3.9gb?

I doubt a new BIOS would help if its worked fine for years until now.

what brand is hdd?

can you run this? it makes a zip file once it finished, upload it to a file sharing website and show link here - https://www.sysnative.com/forums/pages/bsodcollectionapp/

its summer here, its either stormy or too hot, i try to get in here between the two extremes.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS