[SOLVED] Help with crash: Kernel ID 41

Nov 28, 2020
I need help with this and i checked other posts on the forum, its driving me banana's and while granted, its an old PC, it has not done this before and recently it has for the last 3-4 months, i fear its the newer versions of W10 that does this. But i have done almost every CMD command i could, did a clean install of windows, ive run some PSU stress tester called ootc or something, came back fine. I could be playing or browsing the web or at rare occasion even when just started up the pc and got to desktop, bam frozen n i then check the event viewer and get said Kernel crash, i checked to see if it created a minidump but nada... Ive reseated my Ram and graphics card, i have updated all drivers manually or with using snappy drivers assistance, the only thing i haven't done is updated BIOS but ill soon enough attempt but i am hoping someone has a legit fix or if its just the PC dying. I can go a few hours without issues or just 10 min between reboots, maybe a whole day but its extremely finicky.

I am willing to try or retry anything, sorry i dont have any information available as is, let me know what to post or do cause this error is just stressing me beyond anything ive ever struggled with.

Solution
8 gb of RAM (tho only 3.9 in use?)
do you mean it only sees 4gb or you only using 3.9gb?

I doubt a new BIOS would help if its worked fine for years until now.

what brand is hdd?

can you run this? it makes a zip file once it finished, upload it to a file sharing website and show link here - https://www.sysnative.com/forums/pages/bsodcollectionapp/

its summer here, its either stormy or too hot, i try to get in here between the two extremes.
Nov 28, 2020
event 41 is the result of a report run every startup. if its found the previous shutdown was unexpected, it creates the event. Its a reaction, not a cause.

what are specs of the pc?
if it survived a clean install its not windows.

Sorry for late response
Its an old PC but it has survived thus far... ive only installed a game, vlc, browser, anti virus and 2 more things and nothing mayor or huge to stress the PC.

CPU: AMD FX(tm)-8100 Eight-core Processor
GPU Nvidia gtx 760
Motherboard: BIOSTAR Group TA990FXE ( no version )
BIOS American Megathread inc 4.6.4 8/7/2014 (2.7 SMBIOS Version)
Windows 10 Home Version 20H2 OS Build 19042.630
System type: 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
500 GB HD

Unsure what else i can get for you, Im gonna blabber on this but its real finicky when i could leave the pc idle after finishing a 3 hour gaming session and then it crashes, sometimes it will crash while playing but after that and i rejoin game it runs okay, i could be again browsing the web and crash, i fresh boot up pc and get into desktop and crash, its super weird that i can play for so many hours but it will crash with Kernel ID41 in the event viewer randomely. As far as i know ive done almost all the cmd commands and turning off fast start ups and disabling sleep mode on HD and such, i can't really afford to buy new parts or even a new pc, so im trying to make it last as long as possible. Willing to try anything ><

Nov 17, 2020
I will tell you an incident that happened to me. The computer restarts approximately once every 20 minutes. In fact, it turned out that it simply turns off from a lack of power. The socket looked like it was working, but when I took it apart, I found that one of the wires was broken.

Colif

Win 11 Master
do you mean it only sees 4gb or you only using 3.9gb?

I doubt a new BIOS would help if its worked fine for years until now.

what brand is hdd?

can you run this? it makes a zip file once it finished, upload it to a file sharing website and show link here - https://www.sysnative.com/forums/pages/bsodcollectionapp/

its summer here, its either stormy or too hot, i try to get in here between the two extremes.

Solution