[SOLVED] Help with current pc Value

Sep 24, 2020
Hey all,
So I am at the point where I am looking to build a new computer around the 3080 when I get my hands on one. I did the same thing with the 1080 years ago and had a ton of fun with that setup. Im hoping to pass that system on to someone else who will be more interested in playing 1080p or even some 1440p, which it still works great for. Ill link the PCpartpicker list I made of what that computer consists of. Im hoping some of you who are far more knowledgeable about this stuff can possibly give me a range of what a fair asking price for this computer might be.
Thank you.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/nr8C27

Solution
Everything but what I listed could be serviceable, PARTICULARLY given current PSU prices. Storage according to age. That memory kit is still good for pretty much any Intel and up to 3xxx Ryzen....

The used market here is tough. We have a Microcenter in town so anything over a certain threshold falls into buy it new. There are bargain hunters abound and good deals to be had so unless you are overly competitive on your pricing things tend to sit.

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
As a whole system and when considering pricing in MY area, I would think you would be lucky to pull $500 for it, complete and honestly likely a bit less. Parting would be better money wise, but more work. I certainly feel like there are aspects of this system worth keeping, doing the upgrade and then selling off stuff like the GPU, mobo/CPU ....

Sep 24, 2020
As a whole system and when considering pricing in MY area, I would think you would be lucky to pull $500 for it, complete and honestly likely a bit less. Parting would be better money wise, but more work. I certainly feel like there are aspects of this system worth keeping, doing the upgrade and then selling off stuff like the GPU, mobo/CPU ....

Ok interesting, I sold the one before this for $600 and it wasn't nearly as expensive at the start $1300 vs this one being $2000. I am looking to build a computer around the 3080, so with all the other new stuff in it I would be more concerned with older parts causing issues for newer parts.

Edit: Also I was just googling some of the individual parts, and between the CPU, Motherboard and GPU, Im at about $500 alone. Is there a reason selling it all separate would help more? Ive been lucky in the past and just posted it to Craigslist to sell.

Also from looking at what I have, what specifically would you keep?

Last edited:

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
Everything but what I listed could be serviceable, PARTICULARLY given current PSU prices. Storage according to age. That memory kit is still good for pretty much any Intel and up to 3xxx Ryzen....

The used market here is tough. We have a Microcenter in town so anything over a certain threshold falls into buy it new. There are bargain hunters abound and good deals to be had so unless you are overly competitive on your pricing things tend to sit.

Solution
Sep 24, 2020

Ok that makes sense, Im in an area where we don't have a micro center thats within 3 hours. Just a Best Buy here. I think Ill throw it up on some local sites and see what I might be able to get. Worst case Ill sell off parts like you mentioned. Thank you for the advice.