Build Advice Help with custom build for work purposes

Apr 13, 2021
Hello Everyone

I heard about your tom'shardware site from my friends.. it's really very interesting topics about pc solvings.. I am from India....I am planning to build a custom pc for multitask design work... I work in Photoshop, illustrator, in design based by client projects(no 3D works) ..actually I have somewhat knowledge about pc components....my budget is 700 dollar :(....could you recommend me a best components list as possible without pc lags ?..i am looking forward for your reply GUYS :)

note :
already I have 1 TB HDD , DVD DRIVE
(so don't include this list in that budget)

I use Lightroom sometimes..

Best regards
Micheal S

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
What is your budget in INR? $700 = 52700. Easier to do that if you are purchasing local, which is highly recommend right now. US prices are crazy and parts availability is terrible.

Sounds like you need a powerful CPU, lots of memory, and an average GPU.

Do you require a monitor or periperhals?

Reactions: micheal45

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Well, your budget may be too low.

Cheapest CPU looks to be the 11400, a brand new CPU. Problem is that motherboards for it are quite expensive.

Next option down (though more expensive) is the Ryzen 2600, a somewhat slower CPU, but still okay. Motherboards are cheaper, so the total cost is down.

Ideally you would probably want 32GB of memory for indesign and photoshop, but that is outside the budget.

Appears to be no listings for power supplies at all at the moment.

This would use your existing storage, which is not ideal. You want an SSD to vastly increase performance over a hard drive.

All that and it is still overbudget.

If there are any specific retail websites you want me to look through, I can do that as well.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 3.4 GHz 6-Core Processor (₹21128.54 @ Newegg India)
Motherboard: Asus PRIME B450M-A Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard (₹7355.00 @ Theitdepot.com)
Memory: G.Skill Aegis 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 Memory (₹10098.02 @ Newegg India)
Video Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4 GB MINI Video Card (₹11590.00 @ Theitdepot.com)
Case: Fractal Design Core 1000 USB 3.0 MicroATX Mid Tower Case (₹9505.07 @ Newegg India)
Total: ₹59676.63
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-04-13 19:27 IST+0530

Reactions: micheal45
Apr 13, 2021
Eximo,first of all, Thank you much for your time to read my post thread and answered for it....Really ? U.S price is so high :( ... which chipset is best for graphic design work well in either AMD OR Intel ? But, Graphic card is expensive much...already,i have zotac geforce gt 710 2gb ddr5 graphic card....here so many computer professionals doesn't know "how to choose workspace for designers"...it's really frustration for me....

Last edited:

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
AMD has cheaper processors with more cores/threads. Though doesn't look like you can afford the latest from AMD which is superior.

If you don't need/want a GPU at the moment, we can look at my first idea. Actually with the 11400, you don't even need the GT710, much slower than Intel HD 730.

Also the 11500 which has Intel HD 750 graphics, which is roughly a GT740 in performance, the Intel HD 730 is about 25% faster than a GT730.

Now there are no good motherboards available.

You want a B560 to ensure some level of compatibility. Still no power supplies listed either. So the remainder of your budget would likely end up in a motherboard, and then you still need a power supply.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i5-11400 2.6 GHz 6-Core Processor (₹19947.14 @ Newegg India)
CPU Cooler: Enermax ETS-N31-02 32.8 CFM CPU Cooler (₹5014.70 @ Newegg India)
Memory: G.Skill Aegis 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 Memory (₹10098.02 @ Newegg India)
Case: Fractal Design Core 1000 USB 3.0 MicroATX Mid Tower Case (₹9505.07 @ Newegg India)
Total: ₹44564.93
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-04-14 18:40 IST+0530

No real good rule of thumb on workstation computers, basically depends on what you do with it. If you really want a workstation, you can buy refurbished ones readily enough. But then you are stuck with whichever OEM built it for replacement parts. Without a heavy need for 3D graphics, basically just a processor, RAM, and storage.

Corwin65

Honorable
It's the cost of doing business. If you can't produce what your clients need, there will be no business. If your pricing model does not support reinvestment, then your business model is flawed. I do not mean to sound harsh so if it seems as if I am, I apologize in advance.

The worldwide pandemic has been no friend to business (most of them). We all have to deal with budgeting and business models and in today's world it is a never ending job.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS