[SOLVED] Help with DCH drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

MichealFalcon

Reputable
Sep 20, 2019
I have a pc that came with dch drivers, and several programs, that are crucial to what the pc's purpose is for, rely on dch drivers, but I recently reset it bc it was very cluttered and slow, and no it longer has dch drivers after resetting. Is there a way to install them? I know my pc can run them bc it did so for over a year with no problem, I just need them back.

Colif

Win 11 Master
I have a pc that came with dch drivers, and several programs, that are crucial to what the pc's purpose is for, rely on dch drivers, but I recently reset it bc it was very cluttered and slow, and no it longer has dch drivers after resetting. Is there a way to install them? I know my pc can run them bc it did so for over a year with no problem, I just need them back.

who made PC? They should have a website you can install drivers from
Are dch drivers for intel graphics card?
or Nvidia?

Microsoft DCH (Declarative Componentized Hardware supported apps) drivers refers to a new Windows 10 driver package preinstalled by OEMS implementing the Microsoft Universal Driver paradigm. While the base core component files remain the same, the way DCH drivers are packaged differs from previous Legacy (Standard) drivers.

https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/ans...h/standard-display-drivers-for-windows-10-faq

MichealFalcon

Reputable
Sep 20, 2019
I had poked around and taken a few risks and eventually fixed it, I saw a lot of people, even Nvidia themselves, say you can't, or shouldn't, install DCH drivers over standard ones, and that you couldn't download nvidias DCH drivers you had to go with what their program installed by default. So naturally I did it anyway and I wanna say it's safe so long as you uninstall your current drivers beforehand. The actual DCH drivers were slightly tricky to find, but to anyone else who might have this problem, there is an official link, you just have to look for a second.

Status
Not open for further replies.