Help with diagnosing Freezing

Bridgeburner

Prominent
Jun 3, 2017
Hey ladies and gents, just heading here to ask for some help with diagnosing a frustrating problem with my desktop.

I'll start with some specs to begin with.

Intel core i3 2120 cpu @ 3.30ghz
4gb ram
AMD RADEON HD 7770
Windows 7 OS

And now the problem. My PC will be puttering along fine, then inexpicably for little reason whilst either browsing or playing a low intensity game I will get a series of stuttering/freeze spikes until the apps have to be terminated via task manager. Invariably a lot of the apps have the white "not responding" texture mask over them, including at times windows task manager.Whats absurd is that after terminating them, and rebooting, the delay/freeze/lag will persist randomly for maybe hours until it again, randomly decides to halt. A restart is needed to ensure I can browse files without having windows explorer choke up for 10 minutes to open a folder

What really puzzles me is when task manager is working, neither memory nor the CPU is spiking whilst apps are frozen or explorer refuses to respond.
For reference I have done the following

- Run chkdsk (come back clean)
- Run malwarebytes (clean)
- Run a disk defrag
- Run CCcleaner (cleaned registry)
-Un installed all excess apps (150gb free space)
-Increased Virtual memory to 6gb.

Inspite of all of this the issue persists and locks my computer up from even doing simple tasks like watching a video.

Previously I have stopped the wupdate service from running as it caused a memory leak with the svchost.exe process. I turned autoupdate on and it resumed the memory leak so this service is off for now

A side note, when starting in safe mode I experience absolutely no problems whatsoever

Any help diagnosing or allowing me to self diagnose via apps would greatly be appreciated

Cheers,

Bridge

Solution
Hello... I understand... just adding additional performance/application information per "smorizio" post... 32 bit OS will not use more than 4gb's of memory.*

Check your EV for error messages from the OS as too what app/call/driver/hardware is "freezing" your system... it will record it by time stamp and by source, in the APP-Security-System sections... it will be right in front of your eyes B ) if your you want to clear these sections of past/old Data, you can start logging "fresh' information and wait for the problem to be re-logged... or just check your most recent logged events B /

*On Fast APPs... fast memory is important... as a 'simple" RAM ONLY memory use test... "disable' your Pagefile system in the OS, reboot and see what has...
Hello... your OS has a built in DATA logger... APPs Calls can cause them... and OS Calls can cause them... and hardware can cause them.

1) kernel 41 errors mean the OS was not properly shut down... either by You OR the hardware.

You NEED to be logged on as administrator to the OS...

Right click computer-manage-System Tools-Event Viewer-Windows Logs-System/Applications/Security.... Double Click on the "RED" errors, for more information, General/Details... and files/drivers/Apps, comments/suggestions/information associated with them B )

You can manually clear the Past logs to remove all the OLD/Dated messages... and start logging the errors for this current problem you are having.

Bridgeburner

Prominent
Jun 3, 2017
@Iroundsounds

The thing is both on resource monitor and task.manager my RAM usage is definitely NOT peaking at capacity or even going over 50%. Surely I dont need 4gb more RAM merely to use file explorer or open up a google chrome tab. I would just like to know what exactly is causing this issue

Hello... I understand... just adding additional performance/application information per "smorizio" post... 32 bit OS will not use more than 4gb's of memory.*

Check your EV for error messages from the OS as too what app/call/driver/hardware is "freezing" your system... it will record it by time stamp and by source, in the APP-Security-System sections... it will be right in front of your eyes B ) if your you want to clear these sections of past/old Data, you can start logging "fresh' information and wait for the problem to be re-logged... or just check your most recent logged events B /

*On Fast APPs... fast memory is important... as a 'simple" RAM ONLY memory use test... "disable' your Pagefile system in the OS, reboot and see what has changed in your normal use. B )

Solution