Question Help with disassembling Gigabyte P25W V2 Laptop?

krehnkecody

Prominent
May 28, 2018
Hello, I've got through most of opening the Gigabyte P25W V2 Laptop, but I've hit a huge halt.

1. NO repair videos are documented, or any manuals.

2. The CPU fan can be wiggled in the small space of the contraption door that is able to open up, but the GPU fan is inaccessible.

The second contraption door does not open up even with force, it appears I might have to disassemble the whole laptop :( (All screws in the surrounding area were removed.)

I'd really appreciate some help. If pictures are needed, I will give them.

krehnkecody

Prominent
May 28, 2018
here’s a picture of the laptop, and what I see.
image0.png

Why do you need to disassemble the laptop?
Usually, it is to upgrade the ram or change to a ssd.

If you are after replacing GPU thermal paste, then yes you need to get the cover off.
Possibly there is a securing screw under one of the labels.

Here is a link I found. Strangely, it has the same picture that you posted.
The author has apparently figured it out so you might try to email him.

krehnkecody

Prominent
May 28, 2018
I did email him.

and yes, you’re correct, I am replacing the GPU’s thermal paste.

Here’s what I’ve done so far since this post:
  • I attempted a removal of the keyboard, but it was clamped down VERY hard, and I couldn’t remove it.
  • I removed all screws, even ones on the side not visible in the picture.
  • I attempted to remove the cover, but the motherboard is screwed on (attached to the only thing that can be removed, also, there doesn’t seem to actually be a cover under the label stickers.) I haven’t removed the labels to get to any screws, I will try that.

krehnkecody

Prominent
May 28, 2018
I really want to avoid disassembling the WHOLE laptop. I really just want there to be a place to just take out the GPU fan easily. :(
(I forgot to mention, I know why I can’t get out the GPU fan, it’s because there’s a screw hidden under plastic cover the end of the GPU. Damnit Gigabyte...)