Help with displaying ps3 output?

coolcarcar99

Prominent
Nov 16, 2017
I had a ps3 just sitting in my attic collecting dust, so I decided to hook it up to a computer monitor I also had. It worked for a second, but now all it says is “optimum resolution 1280X 1024 60hz” my monitor is a 1080p 60hz monitor. Any help about how to make this work (if it’s even possible) would be greatly appreciated.

Solution
That is a bit of an odd message if your monitor is 1080. The optimum resolution is what the monitor will display if you are not running at the native resolution, to have it be confused about it's specs is not good. Does the PS3 work on a TV?
That is a bit of an odd message if your monitor is 1080. The optimum resolution is what the monitor will display if you are not running at the native resolution, to have it be confused about it's specs is not good. Does the PS3 work on a TV?

Solution

coolcarcar99

Prominent
Nov 16, 2017
This is an old thread, and i just wanted to make the answer clear; I was being an idiot and selected the 1920X1080P option whilst the PS3 was plugged into the tv. I changed it to 720P, and everything worked fine.