Question Help with first boot Up

Mar 4, 2022
recently bought a whole new set up to build from scratch, checked with PCparts picker to make sure that nothing would clash. Everything has been put in the case and probably verified to be plugged in properly. We just updated the PSU because of other threads we read on here to see if that was the problem and now I cant figure out what could be wrong.

Our build is as follows:
Geforce GTX 1660 super GDDR6 6GB
ASROCK B450 Pro4
G.Skill Ripjaws 16 GB DDR4 (two sticks for 32 GB)
AGV 650 W Bronze 8- Plus
Samsung NVMe M.2 SSD
AMD Ryzen 5 5600X

upon boot up fans spin for about 30 seconds then shut off for a moment then spin again. nothing shows up on the monitor. we have removed the CMOS several times based on other threads and even removed the GPU to see if it was too much or something idk. it still just spins for about 30 seconds and nothing shows up
please help thank you for your time

Mar 4, 2022
the bios is P4.20 how do i go about updating that, also where does the CPU. also what would you recommend for a PSU so we can update that when we get the chance

bignastyid

Titan
the bios is P4.20 how do i go about updating that, also where does the CPU. also what would you recommend for a PSU so we can update that when we get the chance
Unfortunately that board does not support usb bios flashback so you'll need a cpu compatible with your current bios to update the bios. You could borrow a cpu or contact AMD and see if they still offer a boot kit(they send you an older cpu to use to update the bios then you send it back).

For a PSU if you are on a budget an XPG Pylon or Corsair CX would be good options.

Mar 4, 2022
Unfortunately that board does not support usb bios flashback so you'll need a cpu compatible with your current bios to update the bios. You could borrow a cpu or contact AMD and see if they still offer a boot kit(they send you an older cpu to use to update the bios then you send it back).

For a PSU if you are on a budget an XPG Pylon or Corsair CX would be good options.
I have a Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5 GHz Quad-Core Processor in my other computer would that be a good enough CPU for the motherboard to update the BIOS ?

bignastyid

Titan
I have a Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5 GHz Quad-Core Processor in my other computer would that be a good enough CPU for the motherboard to update the BIOS ?
No, it's not even the right socket and manufacture for the B450.

Here is the the list of supported cpus for that board.
http://www.asrock.com/MB/AMD/B450 Pro4/#CPU
You need one the requires 4.2 or older.

Reactions: RobertJohn