Question Help with first build please!

Mar 30, 2019
Hi, I'm putting together my first build and I'm not very tech savvy. From what I've read, the parts I've listed below are decent and should allow me to play games on med/low settings. Titles like Star Ocean, Final Fantasy, Divinity series.

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 3 1200 3.1 GHz Quad-Core Processor ($99.99 @ Mike's Computer Shop)
Motherboard: ASRock - B450 Pro4 ATX AM4 Motherboard ($95.10 @ Vuugo)
Memory: G.Skill - Aegis 8 GB (1 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory ($56.99 @ Newegg Canada)
Video Card: MSI - Radeon RX 570 8 GB ARMOR OC Video Card ($209.99 @ Newegg Canada)
Total: $462.07

Will the parts work well together and remain stable for a few years? Can you rec other parts that might be cheaper while also serving the requirements to play games?

I already have the parts that are not listed, ATX boards only if you're going to rec a board. And also, I'm in Canada and would very much appreciate prices listed in CAD since the conversion rate is savage

McKeu

Proper
Mar 27, 2019
On a board like that, I would probably go for a RAM kit (yes, buy them as kit, not two times the same) of 2 x 4 GB, instead of a single 8 GB RAM setup. It gives you the power of dual channel.
But be sure to check the RAM QVL list for your motherboard, to see at what speeds your board supports what RAM setup for sure.

Mar 30, 2019
The list sorts for compatibility, so it says. I was also told it's better to buy a larger gb ram than have 2 small ones, is this not true?

The ryzen 5 2400g and ryzen 5 1500 are the same price, are they similar in performance? Between the 2 which is overall better and additionally is there a major difference between them and the 2600?

McKeu

Proper
Mar 27, 2019
The list sorts for compatibility, so it says. I was also told it's better to buy a larger gb ram than have 2 small ones, is this not true?

The ryzen 5 2400g and ryzen 5 1500 are the same price, are they similar in performance? Between the 2 which is overall better and additionally is there a major difference between them and the 2600?
The difference between one big single channel and two small dual channel RAMs is:
Single channel means that the RAM can only be accessed at one time, Dual channel means that both RAMS can be accessed at the same time. This can offer you a huge increase in RAM read/write speeds, as your PC can write/read on two 4 GB RAMS instead of taking turns to read/write on the 8 GB one.

Mar 30, 2019
Wow, that sounds really good to me lol but then again I have no idea which processes this would affect. Either way I'll go with your suggestion on the ram since I'll be getting the same total number anyway. Thank you.

Still would like some clarification on cpu though

McKeu

Proper
Mar 27, 2019
Wow, that sounds really good to me lol but then again I have no idea which processes this would affect. Either way I'll go with your suggestion on the ram since I'll be getting the same total number anyway. Thank you.

Still would like some clarification on cpu though
It is not going to make a huge impact on gaming (yet). But in general it will improve memory speed and it is more future safe to invest in 2 smaller RAMS, which you place in the dual channel slots of your motherboard, than going for one channel only.

korv

Notable
Dec 26, 2018

2400g is a 2nd gen cpu which should be better then the previous gen (not all first gen cpu of course).