lee

dear sir
i do not get the taskbar to work when i minimize a file,
it just will not appear on the bar below.
could you also show me how to reformat my laptop so that i
can download windows all over again
best

peter

If and only If you have a retail not an upgrade version of XP will this work.
Enter your laptops BIOS( with extreme Care) find the section that lists the boot
order.Make your CD drive the 1st boot drive.
Place your XP CD in the CD drive and start your laptop
Watch the screen because it will say:push any key to start from CD::: do so and
the XP CD will start your computer and the setup screen will show.
At this point follow the instructions on this website
http://www.winsupersite.com/showcase/windowsxp_sg_clean.asp

If you have an upgrade version of XP you will need a copy of the OS' CD that you
are upgrading from and you will be asked to verify during the install.
This worked nicely for me yesterday on my Laptop
peter