[SOLVED] Help with friends pc

BigTim

Honorable
Apr 25, 2016
Hi,

My friends PC has started to have some issues that are making it unusable. This problem has been slowly getting worse over time and now is at its peak.

Basically whenever he clicks it either does not register at all, registers the click as a hold despite letting go, clicks and holds for no reason.

He basically has to click a thousand times to get somewhere and it gets worse the longer the pc is on for.

Ive done a clean install of windows 3 times, i have tested the mouse and thats not it. I think it must be a hardware issue, but im not sure what it could be??

Any ideas would be appreciated.

UPDATE: The mouse is fully functional in bios?

Last edited:
Solution
Disconnect front panel USB connectors.
Disable USB controllers in the BIOS.

Could be a minor short in one of the USB ports, visually inspect them. Unplug USB ports that are connected by cable as a first test.
This sounds more like a controller problem, if everything works fine in the BIOS, then it is likely the main chipset/CPU usb controllers are working, any additional controllers may be having issues. Turning them off may disable some ports on the board, but it may get the system working properly.

Longshot would be power supply issues, if the 5V isn't working right, it could start to misbehave as more 5V load is applied as the system boots.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Disconnect front panel USB connectors.
Disable USB controllers in the BIOS.

Could be a minor short in one of the USB ports, visually inspect them. Unplug USB ports that are connected by cable as a first test.
This sounds more like a controller problem, if everything works fine in the BIOS, then it is likely the main chipset/CPU usb controllers are working, any additional controllers may be having issues. Turning them off may disable some ports on the board, but it may get the system working properly.

Longshot would be power supply issues, if the 5V isn't working right, it could start to misbehave as more 5V load is applied as the system boots.

Solution