[SOLVED] Help With Gaming Build

alkingrey

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2012
My Main Concern is being able to play at High/Ultra for the next console generation on one of my two Monitors, one is 1600x900 on is 1080p.
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core w/ Wraith Cooler
MoBo: MSI B450 Tomahawk
GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1660 Super Gaming OC 6G Graphics Card, 3X Fans, 6GB
RAM:Corsair Vengeance 16gb
PSU: Corsair 750
Case: Undecided
HDD: Samsung 860 Evo 500gb SSD x2

Would this get that done? also any recommendations for a Decent Cheap Case. Not a big fan of all the lights and what not.
so far I like these two the most. Corsair Case & Thermaltake Case

Solution
The thing is, it's kind of hard to say for certain how the next generation of consoles will perform, at least until they come out later in the year. It sounds like they will have dedicated hardware for raytraced lighting effects, so I would expect those might become the norm for "ultra" settings in the coming years. However, not much is known about their level of raytracing performance yet.

Currently, only the RTX 20-series cards feature dedicated raytracing acceleration, but even with those, performance tends to take a big hit with those effects enabled. It's possible that those cards might potentially get outclassed by the upcoming consoles on the RT side of things, and in turn the next generation of graphics cards. I wouldn't...
The thing is, it's kind of hard to say for certain how the next generation of consoles will perform, at least until they come out later in the year. It sounds like they will have dedicated hardware for raytraced lighting effects, so I would expect those might become the norm for "ultra" settings in the coming years. However, not much is known about their level of raytracing performance yet.

Currently, only the RTX 20-series cards feature dedicated raytracing acceleration, but even with those, performance tends to take a big hit with those effects enabled. It's possible that those cards might potentially get outclassed by the upcoming consoles on the RT side of things, and in turn the next generation of graphics cards. I wouldn't expect "mid-range" cards with decent RT performance at least until the end of the year though.

As far as current games are concerned, that system would likely be pretty good though. But is there any reason why you want two 860 Evos? You would probably be better off with a single 1TB SSD from both a cost and performance standpoint. Two 500GB 860 Evos would cost around $160-$200 USD combined, depending on whether you are going 2.5" or M.2 form-factor, and either will operate within the performance limitations of the SATA interface. By comparison, there are a number of relatively low-cost 1TB NVMe drives priced not much more than $100 that will provide a bit better performance in most common usage scenarios. And the money saved would probably be better put toward something like graphics hardware in a gaming system.

Solution

alkingrey

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2012
PSU and SSDs are left overs from my Current PC, so that's why I'm using them, I got a Bonus for Employee of the year and it's going to building a new rig. I'm just wanting to play the next gen games at High and Ultra Ray Tracing isn't really a big deal to me, I couldn't afford a card that would even allow it. I'll probably get a PS5 from a Pawnshop to play Battlefield/COD(uhg) with my non PC gamer Friends.