[SOLVED] Help with gaming/steaming build please.

Bazza1993

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2016
Hi guys,

I am looking to start PC gaming and streaming also.
Just looking for a decent build nothing amazing basically cheap as possible that runs okay and I can stream to twitch also.

I am not very techy but I was going to build my own PC by watching videos etc.
Could someone either help me with parts or a ready made PC for a good price please - Max just over £500 if possible.

thanks guys.

Ralston18

Titan
The concern is this:

Build your own PC and if there is some problem all of the component manufacturer's will either blame you or another manufacture.

If your PC comes from a "single source" then that source is responsible for the system being fully functional and operational at the listed specs.

Do you have the option to purchase a system locally? Someplace that you can easily go to and return a purchased computer system if it does not work?

There are still some likely pitfalls - but hopefully a local business will be interested in doing it right and getting more business.

Unfortunately such businesses in my area have failed because people go for "cheap" via big box stores. Not quality, not support.

Overall, I am leaning towards "ready made". Especially if you have not built a PC before.

Buy a functional PC to begin with. Then, start collecting "old PCs" and components from friends, family, and elsewhere. Combine whatever parts you can into the gaming PC you desire.

Between the two options: buy functional and "scrounge" you are most likely to end up with a satisfactory build meeting your requirements.,

Bazza1993

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2016
Yeah I think you are right on ready made as it would be easy and less stressful for me! I don’t have many local PC shops close by so I will be ordering online. I was looking at chillblast if you could recommend any of the builds on there or any other place based in the UK.

Ralston18

Titan
No recommendations per se with respect to Chillblast. Will defer to those having direct knowledge and purchase experience with Chillblast.

One thing you can easily do is make a list of the games and applications you wish to play and run.

Then start checking the recommended hardware specs for each app. (Do not go with minimal specs.)

The process will become easier as you work through it and the end component consensus should lead to a build that meets the hardware requirements.

And remember to read product reviews from neutral sources (such a Tom's) and verified purchasers.

Reading product User Guides/Manuals is another good way to learn about any given product. Especially in the fine print....

Bazza1993

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2016
Okay that sounds good i will have a look at the games i want to play and make sure it will be fine to run them on high... Its so hard picking a pc because it will be my 1st gaming one so i just want to make sure i get therl right one lol

Ralston18

Titan
Picking the "right one" is always difficult: pc, car, house, spouse....

Just do your best to understand the requirements, the trade-offs, and the options available.

Even if you do everything right there are no guarantees.

At some point you must just go forward and hope that all goes well.