Help with GamingPc

TheAnonymousGamer

Honorable
Nov 12, 2013
Hello, I am making a gaming pc, for streaming videos on twitch, and youtube videos. here are the specs:
CPU: Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor
CPU COOLER: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler
THERMAL COMPOUND: Noctua NT-H1 3.5g Thermal Paste
MOTHERBOARD: ASRock B75 PRO3-M Micro ATX LGA1155 Motherboard
MEMORY: Kingston Blu Red Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
STORAGE: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
VIDEO CARD: MSI GeForce GT 630 4GB Video Card
SOUND CARD: Asus Xonar DG 24-bit 96 KHz Sound Card
WIRELESS NETWORK ADAPTER: Asus PCE-N15 802.11b/g/n PCI-Express x1 Wi-Fi Adapter
CASE: NZXT Source 210 Elite (White) ATX Mid Tower Case
CASE FAN(not supported, i have no idea what it means): Cooler Master R4-L2R-20AC-GP 69.0 CFM 120mm Fan
POWER SUPPLY: Corsair CX 500W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V Power Supply
OPTICAL DRIVE: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer
OS: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit)
MONITOR: Asus VS238H-P 23.0" Monitor
KEYBOARD: A4Tech G800V Wired Gaming Keyboard
MOUSE:Cooler Master SGM-2001-BLON1 Wired Optical Mouse
HEADSET: Ozone Gaming Gear Spark Stereo Gaming Headset
WEBCAM(to show my face in videos):Microsoft LifeCam HD-5000
RECORDING SOFTWARE(I also believe it has editing, and streaming in it too): Avermedia Live Gamer Hd C985 - Video Input Adapter - Pci Express
Total price: £1123.19
I would really appreciate if you could point out any improvements, Sadly I am on a very tight budget.. My budget is £800. and i can only go to a maximum of 900. If anyone could help me decrease the price, I would be grateful. Just know that if you can help me decrease the price, The quality of the pc still needs to be good enough to record, and upload. Even if the price does not drop below 900, or even 1k, in the worst case. Then thank you anyways :). I got these prices of pcpartpicker.

Supahos

Expert
Ambassador
You need a Z77 Motherboard to take advantage of that processor. If you're tied to that board get the nonK version of the processor and save a few bucks there.

ASRock Z77M LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard is more what you need motherboard wise to use that processor to its potential. its $20 more however on newegg.

to Save money I would not buy a sound card at all, there is no need unless you are a TOTAL audiophile, additionally I would buy a cheaper case if you're on a budget. Those changes might make up for the places you need to spend more money

Also that video card isn't good for gaming much less for Streaming while gaming. You'll need at least a GXT 650 Ti if you want to do decent resolution gaming, or think of streaming.

The GT630 is not a gaming card. I'd recommend at least a GTX650Ti Boost Edition, but a HD7870, GTX660Ti, or GTX760 would be better choices. You don't need 4GB on it; putting so much on a GT630 is meaningless anyway. Two GB would be enough.
If you get a Corsair "CX," make sure it is the CX-500M. They're all made for Corsair by CWT, but the non-modular ones use some inferior Samxon capacitors that don't like heat and are known to fail early.

odiervr

Honorable
May 1, 2012
My thoughts:

1. CPU: 3570k
2. hyper 212 comes w/ thermal paste - more not req'd
3. Mobo: z77 if overclocking, 3570 (no k) if not overclocking
4. Your case should have a fan or two. Extra fans not req'd.
5. Mouse: Please consider Razor Death Adder. It's NOT optical so the tracking is less prone to dust / dirt issues or jumping AND it just feels great !!
6. Your recording MIGHT not be as good with the 3570k vice the 3770k, but with the extra money buy the best Graphics card you can get. 2 GB min.
7. http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/high_end_gpus.html Cost / performance chart of most graphics cards.
8. The GPU will have the greatest impact on your gaming - buy the best you can afford. I would not go below a HD 7850.

Good Luck !!

CPU: For what you described your needs as, A 3570 (K or non K version) is all you need. Mine never breaks a sweat on any games I play (even the Crysis series).

CPU COOLER: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler

THERMAL COMPOUND: Arctic Silver 5 (much better than the stock thermal paste the cooler comes with)

GPU: ASUS GTX660 or GTX770 (if you can afford it). The GTX 660 will work great for you for today's modern games and will still work great for a long time to come, but the 770 will futureproof you big time.

MOTHERBOARD: ASUS P8Z77-V LK (cant say enough about how much I love mine)

MEMORY: I recommend G.Skill Ripjaws X RAM as I love mine, but any CAS9 RAM by G.Skill or Corsair is going to be good.

STORAGE: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (that's what I have and I love it).

VIDEO CARD: MSI GeForce GT 630 4GB Video Card

SOUND CARD: Don't need one. I am an audiophile and I think the sound my onboard sound puts out is great.

WIRELESS NETWORK ADAPTER: TP-LINK TL-WDN4800 (I have this card and it is capable of faster speeds than my network can give it) - I own a wireless internet company, so believe me, it is seeing very fast speeds) :)

CASE: Any decent case will work well. Just make sure it has enough room for your graphics card's length.

CASE FAN: Any decent case should come with a fan in the back and in the rear. If you want to put in more, I would recommend Cougar Vortex and Turbine fans. They move alot of air and are very quiet. I have 7 fans in my PC (including the CPU cooler fans) and I can barely hear them).

POWER SUPPLY: I'd go with something alittle more powerful like a SeaSonic M12II 620 Bronze. Make sure that what you get is at least semi modular so you don't have to have cables in your case that you don't need.

OPTICAL DRIVE: Any are fine.

OS: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit)

MONITOR: Asus VS238H-P 23.0" Monitor (that seems like a great monitor, so go with it)

KEYBOARD: personal preference really

MOUSE: personal preference really, but I like my Coolermaster Storm Xornet.

HEADSET: no opinion as I don't use one

WEBCAM: no opinion as I don't use one

RECORDING SOFTWARE: no opinion as I don't use one