Help with GPO

I suddenly feel blacked out with GPO.

I created an OU , added a user in the OU and now applied a gpo , do i also
need to add the computer the user is logging on to in the same OU ? it
shouldnt matter right , the computer can be in the default container and
when the user logs on to the OU he or she should have the group policy
applied to that or any other computer

Helop will be appreciated
-0Z

Totally depends on what GPO setting you made. If it was under the Computer
configuration, you only need the computer object in the OU.

--
Derek Melber
BrainCore.Net
"MS-Guru" <msguru79@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I suddenly feel blacked out with GPO.
>
> I created an OU , added a user in the OU and now applied a gpo , do i also
> need to add the computer the user is logging on to in the same OU ? it
> shouldnt matter right , the computer can be in the default container and
> when the user logs on to the OU he or she should have the group policy
> applied to that or any other computer
>
> Helop will be appreciated
> -0Z

ken

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2004

Only the user portion of the GPO will apply to the user
if you put the user in the OU and not the computer.

I don't know if it's a best-practice, but we put the
users in one OU (moved outta the Users OU) and applied
user policies to that OU. Moved the computers from the
Computers OU to another one and applied computer policies
to that OU.

Thanks a ton u guys....got it to work....almost seemed like i forgot
everything about gpo