[SOLVED] Help with GPU driver

Jan 10, 2023
Hello, today I booted up a laptop that I used months ago to play Minecraft. Since it had some malicious files I decided to do a clean reinstall of windows 10 and everything went smoothly up to there. After the installation I proceeded to install the latest version of Java and the latest video card driver but every time I try to open Minecraft I get this error:

37TewxP.png

In this laptop I have a Nvidia Geforce GTX 950M and Intel i7 so I think it supports OpenGL since even a few months ago I was playing Minecraft normally, I even tried running Minecraft 1.6 (that should run even with older gpus) but it gives the same error.
I tried some troubleshoots I found online such as uninstalling and reinstalling Java again, manually uninstalling and reinstalling the video card drivers and uninstalling and reinstalling the Minecraft client, but none of them worked.

This is the driver I installed for my GTX 950M:

NVIDIA 528.02 - PhysX System Software 9.21.0713
Java 8 Update 351 (64-bit)

Thank you in advance.

Jan 10, 2023
what model is the laptop?
install both the nvidia and intel driver?
The laptop is the ASUS k501u, the version with the 950M. I only installed NVIDIA drivers as I was not aware of Intel drivers a I didn't think they had anything to do with the problem, if you can give me more information I'll install them and let you know.

Last edited: