Question Help with GPU issues (1060 6gb)

Jul 15, 2022
Hello guys, I am sending this message across some forums to see if anyone can help.

My PC used to work fine some time ago, but after I moved and re-assembled it, it just hasnt been the same.

My specs are: Intel Core i3-8100, 8GB of Ram, Zotac 1060 6gb (I can give the full specs if anyone finds it necessary, but the power supply can handle everything and the mother board is also pretty good.) Running Win11

Yes, I know, bottlenecking is a concern and in fact I found that out pretty quick as I was unexperienced at the time and only really discovered it after I had the whole thing pieced together. But as I said, this PC used to be pretty decent some 2 years ago, it ran games at over 60 fps on high. Now it does 30 on csgo on low.

Now, I have tried a few things: setting the games to max priority, taking away energy saving settings, updating drivers, I even formatted the thing.

Like myself you must have infered that this is likely the product of a hardware issue, since this only began after I re-assembled it, but I would just like to know if there is
some kind of software fix I should try before taking a look into the components.

The GPU usage stays always at 5/6% when I try to play CSGO

Thank you for any possible fixes and apologies for the poor english

PS: So I ran a benchmark software and it actually went really well, the GPU was used propperly and I had excellent results, this might remove the hardware possibility.
But if anyone still insists I should take a look inside, what components should I pay more attention to (besides the actual GPU)

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Might've began before you re-assembled it too. Two things - besides arriving in one piece - seem to happen when folks transport their PC:
-damage via electro-static discharge.
-damage via weight. Transporting the PC as it is, the PCB of the motherboard or the gpu end up getting cracked and may not be visible on the outside. Or the slot the gpu was sitting is bends or breaks.

Cpu core temperatures
Gpu core temperature
Gpu hotspot
Monitor those - use HWINFO. Also monitor:
Core clocks of cpu and gpu. One of them may be stuck on low frequencies.
Missing gpu power and voltage readings, or missing ram capacity.

Jul 15, 2022
Might've began before you re-assembled it too. Two things - besides arriving in one piece - seem to happen when folks transport their PC:
-damage via electro-static discharge.
-damage via weight. Transporting the PC as it is, the PCB of the motherboard or the gpu end up getting cracked and may not be visible on the outside. Or the slot the gpu was sitting is bends or breaks.

Cpu core temperatures
Gpu core temperature
Gpu hotspot
Monitor those - use HWINFO. Also monitor:
Core clocks of cpu and gpu. One of them may be stuck on low frequencies.
Missing gpu power and voltage readings, or missing ram capacity.
Thank you for the help, so heres what I tried today:

I tested many of the things you said, temperatures were always ok on the gpu, the gpu hotspot and the cpu. CPU clocks were fine as well. Gpu powe and voltage I did not test and ram seemed to be used to its fullest. The reason I stopped monitoring things part of the way through is because it worked perfectly on Sniper elite 4 (Ultra settings), the video did not even stutter once and gpu was being used to its full capacity. So that removes the damage possibility. I then tried CSGO again, same issue, re-installed the drivers and it stayed the same. Thinking this was a source engine thing (since it uses mostly the CPU) I tried Just Cause 3, same thing, very little usage (At around 20% this time).

So, with that in mind, it has to be software, right? I am just left wondering what could possibly be causing this.