Question Help with GPU

Feb 15, 2019
I just bought a laptop with 8gb of ram , i5 processor and 4gb Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 , and I get get just 30-40 fps in counter strike global offensive ,it's a brand new laptop and from the videos I watched in YouTube they say it's a gaming laptop and I get so low fps, by the way I didn't update or download any drivers , if I need to do what are the things I got to do? Please help me , THANK YOU

woot

Distinguished
Is the laptop new? used?, updating drivers, chipsets is a good idea, and make sure your windows power options settings are set to max performance, also the the nvidia control panel has different power management modes.

From the frame rates you are getting it sounds like it is just using the Intel graphics on the game. If you have it on battery it will usually default to the Intel GPU, if you have it plugged in it should default to the GTX 1050. If you go into your NVidia control panel there should be preferences you can set it to use the NVidia GPU for all titles, or you can select on a title by title basis. Your other option is to launch from an icon. If you right click the icon you should have the option to run it using the NVidia GPU.

Feb 15, 2019
From the frame rates you are getting it sounds like it is just using the Intel graphics on the game. If you have it on battery it will usually default to the Intel GPU, if you have it plugged in it should default to the GTX 1050. If you go into your NVidia control panel there should be preferences you can set it to use the NVidia GPU for all titles, or you can select on a title by title basis. Your other option is to launch from an icon. If you right click the icon you should have the option to run it using the NVidia GPU.
I changed all the settings in Nvidia panel , yeah I kinda saw the fps getting higher as I plugged in for charging but when I turned it off and turned it back on again there was no fps raise , it was just 30-40

Feb 15, 2019
I changed all the settings in Nvidia panel , yeah I kinda saw the fps getting higher as I plugged in for charging but when I turned it off and turned it back on again there was no fps raise , it was just 30-40
After buying I didn't update or download any sort of anything , maybe because of that? Maybe if I download driver and update it maybe it will solve my problem?

Yeah, my advice for now is to run all the updates you can. All the Windows updates and the GPU driver updates. See if that helps.

If it doesn't you might need to change your power profile to maximum performance when plugged in. People don't generally play games without their gaming laptop being plugged in. I keep mine plugged in any time I'm gaming. That way I get the best performance out of it. So that could be part of it, they generally expect that you are plugged in the whole time while gaming.

Feb 15, 2019
Yeah, my advice for now is to run all the updates you can. All the Windows updates and the GPU driver updates. See if that helps.

If it doesn't you might need to change your power profile to maximum performance when plugged in. People don't generally play games without their gaming laptop being plugged in. I keep mine plugged in any time I'm gaming. That way I get the best performance out of it. So that could be part of it, they generally expect that you are plugged in the whole time while gaming.
Let me try that , for gaming 4gb nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 is enough right? Thanks for your info

Feb 15, 2019
Absolutely. You won't be able to max out settings at 1080p in most games, but the 1050 will play just about anything. It is a respectable lower mid range video card. You should be seeing 90 FPS in CS:GO assuming that Asus didn't gimp the power delivery or something.
I pretty much get 110-120 fps in csgo right now , that too in medium settings is this less or is it fine for 4gb GTX 1050?