Question Help with Graphic Card

Mar 28, 2019
Ok so I finally have my build and now i need to decide wich GPU to buy, im between MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Ti 6GB GAMING X and RTX 2060. I will be playing in 1080p 60Hz at the moment because that's the monitor i have but i do want to buy a 2K monitor someday.

What do you think about my build? Some changes? Help me to decide wich Graphic Card to buy!

Thank you

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/HPV2yX

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
You can delete. Bottom left of post is 3 little gray dots. That's edit/delete. When it asks for a reason just say double post. The mods don't mind doing it for you, but anything they don't have to do is time spent on fixing issues :giggle:

As to the question, naturally the 2060 is slightly more powerful of the 2 cards, and does have ray tracing and DLSS, however there's not many games as yet that can take advantage of that tech. However, they are still pretty close. The 1660ti does have a few definite advantages, like the price and power consumption, the 2060 needs a slightly larger 550w psu, the 1660ti is quite happy with a 450w. I would go with the 1660ti personally, but that's me, cheap and can live without the latest and greatest tech.

If you go 1440p, the 2060 will have a slight advantage if you are trying for a 120/144Hz monitor in most games. For a 1440p 60Hz IPS, they'll both get mostly over 60fps on screen, so either is good.

Build looks fine, I'd only make 1 change.
Storage: Crucial - MX500 500 GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive ($69.95 @ Adorama)
Much better ssd, double the size. Goes head to head with the Samsungs.

Mar 28, 2019
You can delete. Bottom left of post is 3 little gray dots. That's edit/delete. When it asks for a reason just say double post. The mods don't mind doing it for you, but anything they don't have to do is time spent on fixing issues :giggle:

As to the question, naturally the 2060 is slightly more powerful of the 2 cards, and does have ray tracing and DLSS, however there's not many games as yet that can take advantage of that tech. However, they are still pretty close. The 1660ti does have a few definite advantages, like the price and power consumption, the 2060 needs a slightly larger 550w psu, the 1660ti is quite happy with a 450w. I would go with the 1660ti personally, but that's me, cheap and can live without the latest and greatest tech.

If you go 1440p, the 2060 will have a slight advantage if you are trying for a 120/144Hz monitor in most games. For a 1440p 60Hz IPS, they'll both get mostly over 60fps on screen, so either is good.

Build looks fine, I'd only make 1 change.
Storage: Crucial - MX500 500 GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive ($69.95 @ Adorama)
Much better ssd, double the size. Goes head to head with the Samsungs.
Ok thank you. I will buy the seasonic 650W Gold.
About the graphic card...I'm not sure what to do yet, where I live the difference between them are like 100 euros so it's a lot of money.
Thank you

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Figure out your priorities.
RTX: cost more, at 1440p get slightly higher fps, use of RT and DLSS
GTX: cost less, at 1440p get slightly fewer fps, no semi useless fps performance drains with RT and DLSS.

Personally, I'd go with the GTX, benchmark numbers and uber fps aren't as important as spending that €100 on a bigger/better SSD or cpu cooler or new case or better psu etc etc. But thats me. My wife would hit me with a frying pan if my excuse for spending €100 extra was 'but honey, it gets 10 more fps than the other!, I don't care that it looks the same!' You can't see the 5fps difference , only a benchmark number can.
View: https://youtu.be/ZFO7XjtPv6M

View: https://youtu.be/xuDJtELq8QM

TRENDING THREADS