Help with graphic card

G

What graphic card would you suggest for me? I would like to spend less than 100$ and I have Duron 600Mhz, 128MB RAM, MB PC CHIPS M805LR (KT133). And is it normal to have 35fps avg. in UT with TNT2 Vanta 16MB in 1024x768x16 and everything at max.?

G

Yes it is normal for that resolution and your card. For under $100 you really aren't going to get much better than you have, maybe a TNT2 ultra, or a GeForce 256 if your lucky.

G

I can buy Inno3D KyroII 32MB for 4000Sk (about 83$), Radeon 32MB SDR for 85$ or GeForce 2MX for 65$. I'm thinking about KyroII, but I'm not sure if it will be good with my CPU - only 600MHz.

G

No. I live in Slovakia (right in the center of the Europe). Do you know if they'll send it here? I would be glad.

Palpatine

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2001
I tried a couple of months ago to buy a LE online from a US shop (I live in Greece). 95% of the shops dont ship internationally and the LE is only sold in the US. And even if you find one that will sell it, the shipping cost and the customs tax will increase its price. And if the card has problems? You must send it back and pay shipping and customs all over again. I suggest you buy the SDR radeon and o/c it. In my opinion it is the best choice.

Palpatine