Question Help with Group Policy drive mapping for certain users within an OU ?

Brownie93

Commendable
Jun 29, 2020
I'm needing some help with Group policy.

I have an OU named "Terminal server" in AD that holds all the users that work on a server. I have created a new network share for just Customer Service and I want to map this drive to them automatically, however they are within the "Terminal Server" OU and I don't want everyone in there to get that drive map. I've created a Global Security group with the select users part of it. I then created a Sub OU Called "CS" within the "Terminal server" OU, dropped this group into here and created a Group policy to map the drive and then linked this policy to the "CS" OU. I forced a GP update on some of the users within the group and the drives mapped but for some users and others it didn't which I find very strange, I did this locally on their machine. On the server it hasn't mapped at all.

Sorry if it's wordy and if you need more information I can provide it.

Attached the settings of the GP drive map

M3uTqwP.png

Ralston18

Titan
This:

"I forced a GP update on some of the users within the group and the drives mapped but for some users and others it didn't "

How did you map the network share?

How did you do the "force"?

Compare the configuration and policy settings of a "successful" end user to an "unsuccessful" end user in the CS OU.

Brownie93

Commendable
Jun 29, 2020
Hi Ralston

The users are within a group so I can't compare the configuration of different users as it should be applying to them all equally if you get me?

To do the force I went to the users machine that was already logged in and went to cmd and entered the command: gpupdate /force