[SOLVED] Help with HCI Memtest Pro Error

rrkkass

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2012
Hi all,

I could not reliably archive some important files using WinRAR and thus suspected something wrong with my DDR3 RAM.

I have 4 sticks, 2 came as a kit and the other 2 were sold separately but were the same model. (F3-10600CL9D-8GBNT for the kit of 2, F3-10600CL9D-4GBNT for the kit of 1, x2)

mdsched.exe says no errors detected. However, Memtest Pro by HCI shows numerous errors for a thread as soon as it starts.

I then tried all of them one by one in what I think is the DIMM slot 1, no errors till 100% for the HCI Memtest, but of course with 4 GB only to test and Windows using over 2 GB, I do not know if it is reliable.

Later I put the kit of 2 in the correct slots (1 and 3), 1 error and a rerun shows no error till 1000% coverage for HCI Memtest.

Then I put all 4 back in, seemed okay. But after I changed the number of threads in the test to 5 instead of 4 cores, the errors started appearing again.

I have not messed with the BIOS at all.

Motherboard is an MSIZ68MA G3, I checked the RAMs are 1333. No overclock on CPU, except turbo is enabled.

What can I do? Or is HCI Memtest giving a false positive?

Thank you.

rrkkass

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2012
update your BIOS to the latest version
check the HDDs for errors with its manufacturer´s tool

reset the BIOS by jumper, eventually replace the CMOS battery

which CPU are you using?

try a different archive tool: 7zip
Hi, thanks for your reply.

I am using i5 3570 non K.

HDD health are all okay using HD Tune Pro.

Is there any way I can check if its the motherboard giving me problems? I seldom touch the BIOS for fear of bricking anything.

Is there a way to test DIMM slots? Since I have to always start with slot 1 when testing 1 stick.

Thank you