Help with hd5770

knight2123

Distinguished
May 14, 2010
Hi guys, just want to ask info on the Power Color HD5770, it said on its spec that it has PCI-E 2.1 x16, can i fit in my mother board? my recent video card was a 9400gt it is PCI-E 2.0 correct?

here are my specs:

processor: Intel core 2 duo E7400 @2.80ghz (2cpu)
motherboard: Q-Intel-G31
video card: 9400gt 1gb (unknown manufacturer)
RAM:2x 2gb kingston (if i remember correctly)
Power Supply: 650 watts (i opened the cpu case and checked what was indicated on the power supply and saw 650 watts; the power supply came with the casing)

if youre being puzzled by the specs so as me, my dad bought it here in the philippines, i searched the net and found no identical look of my video card and motherboard (must be in our country only) the shops name was Qube. The dxdiag even said my motherboard is Q-Intel-G31 so i cant make a mistake.

just want to know if the HD5770 cant bottle neck in my specs..
if yes is there any model you can recommend? (i prefer ati :D )
is Power Color a good buy?

note: i live in the Philippines and we dont have much after market parts; all i see here is Palit, Power Color, MSI, Inno3d and Sparkle.

ionut19

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2008
Welcome to the forums.
First if the power supply came with the case that would be a low performance power supply. If you can buy a new one or give us a list of witch brands and models you can buy there.

The 5770 is a good card, the powercolor is not the best brand for a video card in my opinion. Gigabyte make good products and are usually cheaper then most. If you can find one that would be great.(i use sapphire, the best ones are E-VGA usually)

As for limitations because of your system i would not worry about it. Also do not worry about the PCI-E slot, the card it is backwards compatible. I use mine on a normal PCI-E slot and i have no problems.

"note: i live in the Philippines and we dont have much after market parts; all i see here is Palit, Power Color, MSI, Inno3d and Sparkle. " -probably the powercolor is the best one of those..