[SOLVED] Help with horrible Adobe Premiere performance on a "good" computer

Oct 27, 2020
Hi everybody, I hope you can help with this issue that's driving me crazy. I'm using Adobe Premiere 2020, but the performance while moving through the playback is just awfull. It lags a lot, but the system does not freeze or crash. I just built a month ago my new workstation and I don't want to think that it is the problem, as I invested a good amount of money. Here are my specs:

CPU: Intel i7 10700K
Motherboard: ASUS Prime Z490-P
RAM: 16GB in dual channel at 3600MHZ (Crucial Ballistix)
GPU: NVIDIA RTX 2060 (6GB)
Storage: Crucial SSD (500GB)
Premiere Pro 2020

Now the videos I was initialy working with were 4k at 60FPS (games recorded using OBS), but my timeline editing is too simple for it to being laggy. It's just the video with 2 audio channels (game and voice). The only effects I use are transition ones. That's it. I thought that maybe 4k at 60 fps was too much, so I recorded 1080 at 30 fps, but the results are the same. I even tried with videos recorded with my iPhone, and it didn't changed anything. Maybe something to do with my Premiere settings? I was able to work smoothly with a Macbook Pro with only 8Gb of ram and an iGPU.

I would be more than gratefull if someone can help me with this. I can play and record COD warzone (high graphics settings) and even the rendering times are not long at all. Something weird I've noticed is that the RAM used by Premiere is never more than 3GB.

Thanks in advance.

Solution
Use Task Manager and Resource Monitor to observe system performance while running/working with Adobe Premiere 2020.

Use each one but only one at a time.

Determine what is running, what resources are being used, to what extent (%), and what is using those resources.

View first while doing nothing and then while running Adobe. Try at 4K and 1080.

Good chance that you will spot the cause....

How full is that Crucial 500 GB SSD? Any other drives?

Ralston18

Titan
Use Task Manager and Resource Monitor to observe system performance while running/working with Adobe Premiere 2020.

Use each one but only one at a time.

Determine what is running, what resources are being used, to what extent (%), and what is using those resources.

View first while doing nothing and then while running Adobe. Try at 4K and 1080.

Good chance that you will spot the cause....

How full is that Crucial 500 GB SSD? Any other drives?

Solution

TRENDING THREADS