[SOLVED] Help with improvement choices

Dec 26, 2019
Trying to see how I can best improve my PC performance. Thoughts and comments?
Budget is 250-300$
My initial thought is a new cpu cooler and ram upgrade.

UserBenchmarks: Game 51%, Desk 68%, Work 53%
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600X - 74%
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060-3GB - 51%
SSD: PNY CS1311 120GB - 75.9%
SSD: Intel SSDSCKGF180A4H 180GB - 77.3%
HDD: Toshiba DT01ACA100 1TB - 76.4%
RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws V DDR4 3200 C16 2x4GB - 77.9%
MBD: Asus ROG STRIX B350-F GAMING

Solution
Trying to see how I can best improve my PC performance
I would Bump memory first as you will get cheapest and see able bump in performance. From web browsing to gaming to just general use. What games do you play AAA just released titles or ? Than down the road you can get a faster Graphics Card but as it is the 1060 is fine depending what you play.

I here Red Dead Redemption ll is a killer on cards soooo.

One last thing if you want to instantly feel like your computer is behind the curve run the userbenchmark test. Don't get me wrong I love there site for comparisons of this vs that. But more people come up looser's than winners even with great PC's on the full system test. Enjoy what you have is all I'm saying.
What power supply do you have? How is your computer case airflow? Have you cleaned the inside of the case recently? You may have a CPU cooling issue. Your CPU isn't boosting at all.
Use tools like HWiNFO64 (sensors only) and GPU-Z to monitor your system performance while gaming.

Trying to see how I can best improve my PC performance
I would Bump memory first as you will get cheapest and see able bump in performance. From web browsing to gaming to just general use. What games do you play AAA just released titles or ? Than down the road you can get a faster Graphics Card but as it is the 1060 is fine depending what you play.

One last thing if you want to instantly feel like your computer is behind the curve run the userbenchmark test. Don't get me wrong I love there site for comparisons of this vs that. But more people come up looser's than winners even with great PC's on the full system test. Enjoy what you have is all I'm saying.

Solution
Dec 26, 2019

Destiny 2, Overwatch, Halo and LoL get most of my time right now. I appreciate the reminder not to jump just because a website says so.