[SOLVED] Help with In-Browser School Login

Status
Not open for further replies.

Singularity_iOS

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2013
Our school got a stupid new wifi system and it requires us to log in when we open the browser of our choice. Because of this, it only logs into the browser and no other programs. I use chrome for this. Programs like steam cant access their servers because the school network keeps returning with the login page, but because steam doesn't have a visible webpage (when its first opening.) I can log into with, I cant fix the problem. Is there a way I can login as so that everything on the computer has access. Similar to how you get that drop down login screen on iPads and iPhones.

Solution
You will get no help here with bypassing security measures.

I'd advise you not to push this too hard as your school network people will notice and it could well lead to your being expelled. Don't get into the habit of messing with other people's networks - it's a criminal offence in many countries and could eventually land you in jail.
You will get no help here with bypassing security measures.

I'd advise you not to push this too hard as your school network people will notice and it could well lead to your being expelled. Don't get into the habit of messing with other people's networks - it's a criminal offence in many countries and could eventually land you in jail.

Solution

Singularity_iOS

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2013

Im not trying to get around security, they just don't have it set up very well. Even If i wanted to use something for school like Unity, I cant because it cant access any of the internet stuff. I'm basically looking for a way to do this on a Mac:
getting_started_ipad_wifilogin.png

This isnt me, just a random pic off the internet. But it is the type of thing I want. For eg. If you are at McDonalds or some place that has free wifi usually this window opens as soon as you connect to that you can click agree or login or what ever. Logging into that window will make the internet work across the device. But if you login with safari, it only works for safari. So what im asking is is there something like this in mac settings somewhere? Because logging in similar to the way you do with free wifi would fix the problem, because not just chrome will be able to access the internet.

Singularity_iOS

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2013

The IT at our school is useless. They don't know how to use this system because they don't design or run it. Its run by the Catholic Education Network of Parramatta. They rolled it out to all the schools under them. I asked the IT if they could connect my laptop a few months ago when we first got the system but they said they don't know how. Eventually I found out the wifi password is shared across some schools and set the proxy to auto, like how you need to on iPads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS