[SOLVED] Help with installing a SSD with Operating System

Jul 13, 2020
Hi

I'm needing some help

i just bought a 2nd hand computer looks like it just came off a shelf in a shop.like new!

It is i7 920 and Gigabyte EX58-UD3R.

To me it is great as i do not use it for games' Since computers came out with Windows XP 19 years ago i had just 1 computer all that time.
with ASUS P5KPL-CM to me this is great.

Any way i need to know how to install op system on a 250gb SSD when i try to install it with windows 7 ultimate on disc i get a message similar to have no permission ect.
so i unplugged the HD OLD and connected only the SSD.then i get a different message saying to insert boot device or similar.

with my old computer i had got used to it and must have formatted it a hundred times or more and installing op system and drivers.
this new computer is much different and i do not want to do anything wrong as it is running great.
but still want to use the SSD.
If anyone can help me with this i will be so GRATEFUL .things have changed but i still know all the basics.

1 other question is there anyway to just copy the installed op system to my SSD?
i see i have windows 7 installed and windows 10 in the op system being used now.
i prefer 7 as windows 10 is hell to navigate around

Solution
Only have the SSD and the optical drive connected. All other drives should be unplugged.
Set the SSD as the boot drive in the bios. Set the Sata ports in AHCI mode.
Save and exit
On the screen where it says to press Del to enter setup will be another option to select a boot disk or sometimes it's called boot override. Press that F-key.
Select your win7 dvd and follow the prompts.
When yo get to the "Where do you want to install to?' screen, use the Drive Option link on there and make sure to delete all the partitions on the SSD until it's completely unallocated, and then click the next button
The rest is the basic Win7 install

All your new motherbd drivers are here...

popatim

Titan
Only have the SSD and the optical drive connected. All other drives should be unplugged.
Set the SSD as the boot drive in the bios. Set the Sata ports in AHCI mode.
Save and exit
On the screen where it says to press Del to enter setup will be another option to select a boot disk or sometimes it's called boot override. Press that F-key.
Select your win7 dvd and follow the prompts.
When yo get to the "Where do you want to install to?' screen, use the Drive Option link on there and make sure to delete all the partitions on the SSD until it's completely unallocated, and then click the next button
The rest is the basic Win7 install

All your new motherbd drivers are here
https://www.gigabyte.com/us/Motherboard/GA-EX58-UD3R-rev-17/support#support-dl-driver

I always start with Chipset driver, followed by the grphics driver (you don't say which one you have but you get that from Nvidia or AMD's site), and then Sata, Lan, & Audio from the motherbd site.

Solution