Help with internet

danielbradbury

Honorable
Jan 18, 2014
Last night every connection was working fine except our DVD player, so I unplugged our linksys router for 30 seconds and plugged it back in and now I have no internet via wifi or Ethernet. Our internet connection comes from a whole in the ground via Ethernet cable, I have no access to our provider modem, as I have a big white box in our garage that runs us our cable and internet. I've even tried unplugging that boxes power cord and nothing happens. Our cable is fine, checked to see if there was an outage with internet provider on their website from my phone, nothing. Have tried resetting the router, won't bring up the linksys page when I type in the default ip 192.168.1.1 , I just don't understand how everything went to shit by soft resetting the router for 30 seconds. I can't give the exact model number of the router as I had to go back to work. The green lights on the back of the router are green as usual from the internet Ethernet cord. No connection available from wifi or from the Ethernet cord I've ran from the router straight into the computer. Ugh

Solution
@Daniel - just be careful with persons who registered five minutes ago just to advertise their "services". From one of many places listing their number:
My Wie-Fie Ext has no affiliation with any of these third-party companies unless such relationship is expressly specified. If your product is under warranty, the repair service maybe available free from the vendor. My Wie-Fie Ext is an autonomous online computer support provider through remote access for software, and peripherals.
My Wie-Fie Ext is an autonomous online computer support provider through remote access for software, and peripherals. We have expertise in handling issues with a huge array of Services of third-party companies and brands. My Wie-Fie Ext holds no...
You need to get help from your ISP - what kind of service you're getting, and what settings you need to put on the router.
- when you turn your PC on, connected via Ethernet, do you get IP address (open command prompt, execute "ipconfig /all", post results)
- when looking for WiFi connection, do you see your router' name as an available connection?

harrysood15

Commendable
Oct 5, 2016
Hi danielbradbury,

Still you were facing problem, please call on toll free: [Telephone number deleted by Moderator.] You will find expert technician that will helps you out for connection problem.

Don't worry.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Daniel - just be careful with persons who registered five minutes ago just to advertise their "services". From one of many places listing their number:
My Wie-Fie Ext has no affiliation with any of these third-party companies unless such relationship is expressly specified. If your product is under warranty, the repair service maybe available free from the vendor. My Wie-Fie Ext is an autonomous online computer support provider through remote access for software, and peripherals.
My Wie-Fie Ext is an autonomous online computer support provider through remote access for software, and peripherals. We have expertise in handling issues with a huge array of Services of third-party companies and brands. My Wie-Fie Ext holds no association or affiliation with any of these brands or third-party companies and solely provide support service for the product issues faced by users.
Please contact the related third party in case of queries regarding permitted use and specific warranties in concern to the software, hardware, and peripherals. My Wie-Fie Ext bears no responsibility related to any third party Content made available related to the Site and we do not cover the risks the user faces while using such third party Content, Services and services. We respect intellectual property rights and the trademarks, brand names and logos of other parties, which are provided on this site, are only for furnishing information.
As for your problem - start with talking to your ISP, what kind of service you're getting. And it seems that your router is either dead, or at least need re-configuring.

Solution