Help With Keyboard Switches

jwstv

Commendable
Dec 31, 2016
I bought the Corsair Strafe RGB about 6 months ago. It came with MX Cherry Red Switches. I really don't like how mushy it is when typing, and make plenty of mistake when typing and gaming. I did have a Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2014, which was defective, and had the Kale Green Switches, they were way too loud as everyone could hear them througout my house. So that makes me sorta turn my head to blue switches. I also don't want blues due to the high reset points.

I've done some research to find that Browns and Reds both have 45g, but brown have a tactile bump. Are browns like reds when typing?
Can I get some suggestions?

Solution
Browns are between red and blue. They don't have the clicky switch of the blues, but they do have a bump so you can feel the presses a little better than the red. Clear switches are the same as browns except they require more force (and are harder to find).
Browns are between red and blue. They don't have the clicky switch of the blues, but they do have a bump so you can feel the presses a little better than the red. Clear switches are the same as browns except they require more force (and are harder to find).

Solution
I have browns on my keyboard, and they are fairly light pressure. You might try the MX-Black switches. They offer a heavier keypress (60g vs 45g on the reds and browns) and are linear like the reds. If they get noisy, you can add O-Rings to quiet them down too.

https://metanophilia.wordpress.com/2015/08/23/mechanocommander-an-introduction-to-keyboards/