[SOLVED] Help with kids pc

Oct 4, 2021
Hi I'm fairly useless when it comes to PCs my kid called me to help him with his I can't figure out what is wrong with it the screen has loads of little disappearing purple lines and the resolution is all over the place I think it's something to do with the graphics card in device manager it's got a yellow triangle beside it and is saying code 43 does anyone have any idea what this means and how to fix it

Solution
it could be the gpu is calling for too much power, check the stability of the card in another pc, and then another gpu in there. then check the cpu and the seating of the heatsink itself. make sure your fans are all running, and it's not next to a warm area in the room (add a fan 10" etc near it). Then do this just for a quick test, look in the bios and check all your gpu and pci-e settings and study what they mean. update your bios. actually update it. then if it still acts weird and the power supply is good (testers are about $15 online) and the cables aren't damaged for the gpu or ps, and your bios is updated and the settings are good (do not overclock your pc in this situation)...

try a lower pci-e slot, it will still go quite...
Oct 4, 2021
It's a gtx 1650 I think it's the newest driver installed when I turn the card off in device manager and restarted the PC the purple lines were gone and the resolution was back to normal

kristoffe

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2010
it could be the gpu is calling for too much power, check the stability of the card in another pc, and then another gpu in there. then check the cpu and the seating of the heatsink itself. make sure your fans are all running, and it's not next to a warm area in the room (add a fan 10" etc near it). Then do this just for a quick test, look in the bios and check all your gpu and pci-e settings and study what they mean. update your bios. actually update it. then if it still acts weird and the power supply is good (testers are about $15 online) and the cables aren't damaged for the gpu or ps, and your bios is updated and the settings are good (do not overclock your pc in this situation)...

try a lower pci-e slot, it will still go quite fast, and see also if the gpu has a <Mod Edit> ton of dust and hair in the fan/heatsink as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
Oct 4, 2021

try a lower pci-e slot, it will still go quite fast, and see also if the gpu has a <Mod Edit> ton of dust and hair in the fan/heatsink as well.
Thanks I'll go e all this a try first thing in the morning